POA Question??

Still on a steep learning curve and need a bit of clarification please…
This is a hypothetical question(s)

I’m in an RDC and been told at goods in i’ll be tipped in 1 hour on bay 6.

I reverse on to bay 6(doors open or closed? tight up to bay?) and change mode to POA… I believe this is correct?

I can switch to rest if its due, then back to POA…?

I’m still not tipped after 50 mins and advised I’ll be another hour, remain on POA? because I’ve been warned?

I’m still not tipped after the further hour, am I still on POA?

Do I, and is it industry standard to get paid for time POA?

There’s a poa thread on the professional forum sayin to switch to break, unless its due why? You might not be paid for breaks and wouldn’t want to spend hours sat on a bay on a break anyway… I’m a little confused…
not for the first time :blush:

I don’t know of any driver who does not get paid POA - there are some that are not paid on break - check with your employer because if breaks are paid then use break and not POA

ROG:
I don’t know of any driver who does not get paid POA - there are some that are not paid on break - check with your employer because if breaks are paid then use break and not POA

Glad to be getting the money Rog…!
I edited my post and like to know the reason to put it on break??

Putting it on break (if you get paid for it) and not POA will help towards the tacho breaks and the RT(WTD)R breaks and if a break is 3 consecutive hours or more then it could, if you wished to, use it for a split daily rest (3+9) which does not count as a reduced daily rest

The penny drops…! :slight_smile:

Thank’s…