POA Problem

Hello could you please help with my POA problem.
I’ll do an example, I think this is how it works.

drive 2 hours
15 minute break
drive 1 hour
45 min POA
drive 1 hour
half an hour break

In my head my tacho should have reset my driving time but because POA already reset my driving time it says ive still got 1 hour of driving and only a half hour break registered.

POA doesnt count as break does it? but now my driving time is disjointed. Do I have to have more break to reset my time?

Thanks.

Panick:
Hello could you please help with my POA problem.
I’ll do an example, I think this is how it works.

drive 2 hours
15 minute break
drive 1 hour
45 min POA
drive 1 hour
half an hour break

In my head my tacho should have reset my driving time but because POA already reset my driving time it says ive still got 1 hour of driving and only a half hour break registered.

POA doesnt count as break does it? but now my driving time is disjointed. Do I have to have more break to reset my time?

Thanks.

Your problem is that you are relying on what the tacho tells you regarding breaks etc. It is a simple device, and as far as it is concerned POA counts as break. Professional drivers know that is only the case if you are taking your break in a vehicle being driven by A N Other.

As the software wrongly determines POA as break then the solution is simple - do not use POA

ROG:
As the software wrongly determines POA as break then the solution is simple - do not use POA

Or ignore the software :wink:

As already said-kick POA in the goolies. Nothing but a nuisance. Good for employers though!!!

eagerbeaver:
As already said-kick POA in the goolies. Nothing but a nuisance. Good for employers though!!!

Do you ever use poa? Or do you just stick it on break if you’re not using other work or driving?

Used POA just the once and it ■■■■■■ up my driving time * tacho flashing take a break * when i didn’t need one,never used it since.
Just put it on break now

Ramon123:
Used POA just the once and it [zb] up my driving time * tacho flashing take a break * when i didn’t need one,never used it since.
Just put it on break now

Quite right Rog - there are no Graduated Fixed Penalties for WTD. They are not in the Enforcement Sanctions Policy but of course there is still PROSECUTION and there is still the ability to take these OFFENCES into account when deciding on the sanction to be taken against a driver.

So lets say a driver has 4 daily rest infringements in his 28 days of records. This warrants prosecution. Whilst analysing the tacho data they also find numerous infringements of the ‘6 hour rule’ and a couple of weeks with more than 60 hours work. They will bring those WTD issues into the mix which ‘might’ make it all look much worse and increase the sanctions taken.

I have met three drivers this year all called in front of a TC for working over 60h a week - nothing else. All three were called for a conduct hearing and had a 14 day suspension of the vocational licence. I also have a customer whose driver was given a 45m break at the roadside by DVSA because he had gone 7h 19m without a break (only 3.5 hours driving). DVSA then did a site visit and tacho check the result was six drivers prosecuted for drivers hours infringements. Had he complied with the WTD it wouldn’t have happened.

The WTD exists and must be complied with.

EDIT
Mmmmm … not sure what happened there but I have replied to the wrong post :blush: I’ll go post my ramblings where they should be :blush: :blush: :blush: :unamused:

Michael Douglas- to answer your question buddy, yes. I just stick it on break. As others have said, it resets your driving time and also allows you ’ effectively ’ to end up working more hours as breaks/POA don’t count for the old 48 hour average malarkey.

One of our drivers has got an ’ app ’ that manages everything for him.

The nobs in europe class poa as a break. So the tacho machine makers won’t change their software. Use poa to suit yourself(if u have to use it) it lets u work longer if u want. It also extends your 6hour rule.

eagerbeaver:
Michael Douglas- to answer your question buddy, yes. I just stick it on break. As others have said, it resets your driving time and also allows you ’ effectively ’ to end up working more hours as breaks/POA don’t count for the old 48 hour average malarkey.

One of our drivers has got an ’ app ’ that manages everything for him.

Yeah makes sense!