POA/Break

This comes up many times I know but…
I have searched on the forum but can’t find the answer to my question.
If it has been posted before can you post the link to the topic.

I drive for 4 hrs and take a 45min break, I then drive for about 40mins inc shunted at dist centre. I am free to rest whilst being tipped and loaded etc so I take a rest of say 25 mins then put tacho on POA which can be up to another 1hr+. The idea is that when I leave I can drive for up to 3hrs 50min and only have to take a 30min at that time to allow me up to 10 hrs driving.
The digitach insiats that the break and POA which has exceeded 45 mins combined are another full break and that I must take 45 mins break and then the last 50 mins of 10hour day.
If the tacho is set on other work not POA then the 30min break is accepted by it.
This adds to the WTD average, work time that isn’t and makes more difference than the extra 15 min break time.

I have a driver hour guard and that does not count the POA as rest time.

I can only guess at it being a software problem

I get to drive different trucks ROG and all digis have this same reaction to POA, ie adding to the break and then starting a new period of 4.5 hrs but if on other work then fine as the first 15.

woodlands:
I get to drive different trucks ROG and all digis have this same reaction to POA, ie adding to the break and then starting a new period of 4.5 hrs but if on other work then fine as the first 15.

What happens if 1 minute of other work is recorded to split them up?

If say 5 min on other work then on POA it starts counting POA as the second part of the break, so if POA is 30+ it resets to a new 4.5hr period when driving starts again.

woodlands:
If say 5 min on other work then on POA it starts counting POA as the second part of the break, so if POA is 30+ it resets to a new 4.5hr period when driving starts again.

so it’s counting all POA as break ?

yes the digi seems to
no, the hour guard

got to go ROG, on early run tonight

ROG:

woodlands:

You know the digi tacho does that ROG, it’s been discussed on here many times before.

woodlands:
This comes up many times I know but…
I have searched on the forum but can’t find the answer to my question.
If it has been posted before can you post the link to the topic.

I drive for 4 hrs and take a 45min break, I then drive for about 40mins inc shunted at dist centre. I am free to rest whilst being tipped and loaded etc so I take a rest of say 25 mins then put tacho on POA which can be up to another 1hr+. The idea is that when I leave I can drive for up to 3hrs 50min and only have to take a 30min at that time to allow me up to 10 hrs driving.
The digitach insiats that the break and POA which has exceeded 45 mins combined are another full break and that I must take 45 mins break and then the last 50 mins of 10hour day.
If the tacho is set on other work not POA then the 30min break is accepted by it.
This adds to the WTD average, work time that isn’t and makes more difference than the extra 15 min break time.

I have a driver hour guard and that does not count the POA as rest time.

Just ignore the tacho nagging you for a break. The digi tacho incorrectly counts POA as break and it also counts 3 periods of at least 15 minutes as break, that is any combination of POA and break. If you know you have taken the breaks correctly just crack on, the downloaded data from your card or any printout will be correct and you will not get am infringement. In your example above just take 30 minutes as your last break instead of the 45 the unit wants you to take.

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

woodlands:

You know the digi tacho does that ROG, it’s been discussed on here many times before.

Ahh, another tale of ROG and the TNUK post-counter… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

quality before quantity :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley:

brit pete:
quality before quantity :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley:

Not mentioning any names but sadly not everyone seems to agree with that :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Coffeeholic:
ignore the tacho nagging you for a break. The digi tacho incorrectly counts POA as break and it also counts 3 periods of at least 15 minutes as break, that is any combination of POA and break. If you know you have taken the breaks correctly just crack on, the downloaded data from your card or any printout will be correct and you will not get am infringement. In your example above just take 30 minutes as your last break instead of the 45 the unit wants you to take.

Thanks Coffee, sitting here now on POA. While getting loaded.