Poa/break question

Please forgive me as this is a very basic question but I’ve been working for a company that won’t accept pls so everything has been working or break
If for example I work for 5 hours (driving and other work combined) and then put the tacho on pls for an hour am I correct in thinking I can work for 1 more hour before a half hour break is needed on the 6hour rule.
Sorry but I’m a bit rusty!!

somtam:
Please forgive me as this is a very basic question but I’ve been working for a company that won’t accept pls so everything has been working or break
If for example I work for 5 hours (driving and other work combined) and then put the tacho on pls for an hour am I correct in thinking I can work for 1 more hour before a half hour break is needed on the 6hour rule.
Sorry but I’m a bit rusty!!

When you say Pls do you mean POA?

Yes…love predictive text
Lol

Yes, POA stops the 6hr WTD clock (but does not reset it).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes, You can work another hour before 15 minutes break is needed.

That 1 hour break on POA will reset the driving on the tacho to zero but DOES NOT COUNT AS A BREAK. POA is a waste of time, putting it on break will serve you better everytime.

If you use POA make a note of your used driving time because as has been said digital tachographs wrongly count POA as break.

TiredAndEmotional:
That 1 hour break on POA will reset the driving on the tacho to zero but DOES NOT COUNT AS A BREAK. POA is a waste of time, putting it on break will serve you better everytime.

So long as you get paid breaks. If not poa has its place

As said if paid breaks POA has no purpose, your company is correct to avoid it as there’s only 1 situation it has any use.

Unless breaks are deducted no driver in their right mind should ever use POA.