POA and the 6hr rule

Hello i know the six hour rule has been flogged like a dead horse on here and i know you have to take at least a 15min break before 6 hrs work.

My question is how does poa affect the 6 hr working time rule as its not classed as WT.

For eg

Start shift at 8am
Other work till 8.15am
drive till 9am
POA till 12pm
Other till 1:45pm

With the poa there does this still mean i have to take a working time break before 2pm.

Im getting myself confused because the rules say poa isnt working time.

POA does not count as working time (neither does break)
Driving and other work added together count as working time

POA effectively stops the clock so in your example you started at 08.00 and you had 3 hrs POA in there in the morning so now you won’t need your 15 till no later than 17.00.

truckerturner:
Hello i know the six hour rule has been flogged like a dead horse on here and i know you have to take at least a 15min break before 6 hrs work.

My question is how does poa affect the 6 hr working time rule as its not classed as WT.

For eg

Start shift at 8am
Other work till 8.15am
drive till 9am
POA till 12pm
Other till 1:45pm

With the poa there does this still mean i have to take a working time break before 2pm.

Im getting myself confused because the rules say poa isnt working time.

The regulations require you to start a 15 minute break before exceeding 6 hours working time, as you’ve done 3 hours POA which doesn’t count as working time, you would need to start a 15 minute WTD break no later than 17:00 or a driving break before exceeding 4½ hours driving, whichever comes first.

Cheers all thanks for clearing that up.