Poa and breaks

Is it legal to do a 15 hour day with one 45 minute break if say you have six of those hours on poa eg start 0600 poa till 1200 work 5 hours till 1700 break 45 mins work till 2100 15 hour day one 45 min break as far as I can see your only working 8 hours 15 mins can someone clarify this for me thanks.

scally2:
Is it legal to do a 15 hour day with one 45 minute break if say you have six of those hours on poa eg start 0600 poa till 1200 work 5 hours till 1700 break 45 mins work till 2100 15 hour day one 45 min break as far as I can see your only working 8 hours 15 mins can someone clarify this for me thanks.

Yes it’s legal but it’s still a reduced daily rest period unless you’re multi-manning.

Actually as you’re not doing more than nine hours working time you could get away with a 30 minute break for the RT(WT)R, obviously not if you do more than 4.5 hours driving.

Yes tacho knew it was reduced rest just wasn’t sure with the break also didn’t realise could just do 30 min break is that because you haven’t gone over six hours in your second half of your working day I’d still take 45 just in case anyway.why does everything have to be so complicated lol wonder if anyone has got away with break as poa because when you think the vehicle doesn’t move but vosa would still fine you for it anyway.

scally2:
Yes tacho knew it was reduced rest just wasn’t sure with the break also didn’t realise could just do 30 min break is that because you haven’t gone over six hours in your second half of your working day I’d still take 45 just in case anyway.why does everything have to be so complicated lol wonder if anyone has got away with break as poa because when you think the vehicle doesn’t move but vosa would still fine you for it anyway.

For the RT(WT)R you need to have a total of 30 minutes break if you work between six and nine hours working time and 45 minutes break if you work more than nine hours working time.

In your example your working time totals 8 hours 15 minutes with a 45 minute break, if you had a 30 minute break it would still only total 8 hours 30 minutes working time, as you rightly say you still have to watch you don’t go over 6 hours working time without a break of at-least 15 minutes though.

Remember POA and break do not count as working time.

I’m not saying you should only have a 30 minute break just that legally you could if you wanted to :wink:

Thanks worth remembering :slight_smile: