POA and 6 hour rule

Hi all,just started new job and am confused already,got told on induction that if you use poa your 6 hour rule slips by the same amount of time ie,
start at 0600-poa for 2 hours, 30min break by 1400,is this right because i always thought it was 6 hours from start of shift and nothing got in the way of that :exclamation:

It’s 6 hours of work (driving and other work) from the start of the shift or from the last break. POA and Break don’t count toward the 6 hours so in your scenario where you had two hours of POA at the start of the shift then, assuming no other breaks or POA, it would be 14:00 latest when you would require a 15 minute break. Note, you don’t need 30 minutes at 6 hours work, 15 minutes satisfies the WTD break requirements at this point with the remainder of the break taken as needed for the regulations later in the shift.

I got sat down the other day and told to use POA, before it was always a suggestion now its ‘‘you have to use it or you’ll get stood down’’ apparently there is some average 17 week 48 hours rule/thing and i am over it :cry:

I dont mind using it but it can be a pain to keep track of your driving time as it interferes with the digital tacho driver guard :cry:

merc0447:
I got sat down the other day and told to use POA, before it was always a suggestion now its ‘‘you have to use it or you’ll get stood down’’ apparently there is some average 17 week 48 hours rule/thing and i am over it :cry:

I dont mind using it but it can be a pain to keep track of your driving time as it interferes with the digital tacho driver guard :cry:

What were you using instead of POA then? Break or POA make no difference to the average working time thing and it’s not just a case of ‘you have to use it’. For a period to qualify as POA there are requirements to be met so you can’t just use every period of waiting about as POA. It’s easier to use a period as break than POA because the requirements for break are less than POA.

what sort of logistics is your company in

hitch:
what sort of logistics is your company in

:question: :unamused: