POA and 6 hour rule

robroy:

stevieboy308:

robroy:
Does anybody actually work for a firm that does not pay time for this poa ■■■■■■■■, so therefore they end up with a load of unpaid hours at the end of the week, as Winseer says :open_mouth:
Surely not, …and if you are why are you not booking on ‘other work’ instead, in order to counteract this rip off…

This is the usual crap that woinseer comes out with to make himself look stupid, he repeatedly comes put with this, I can’t be bothered to pull him on it anymore, I do believe in the past he’s said he doesn’t know of any firms that work like this, yet he continues to make himself look stupid by coming out with it again, it don’t make sense to me

Yeh, well I don’t know of any firms like that either, but I can’t see anybody being stupid enough to put up with it anyway, …or on the other hand maybe I can. :unamused: :smiley:

Aye! No doubt there is a few out there, but it’s hardly a problem in the industry

smiiiiith:
Hi guys just a little question that I need answering, hope someone can answer it. Basically Ive never had to use much POA, so if for instance I start work at 4.00am, by 10.00am I would need 15 mins break because the 6 hour rule, in this period I record 1 hour POA, so does this mean I could work till 11.00am before 6 hour rule kicks in. Cheers guys

I regularly delay my wtd break if I have had poa like the example the poster gave. However everyone at my depot thinks this is illegal (drivers, transport manager and cpc trainer). I’ve been told that if dvsa pull me and check my card I will be shot on the spot without trial lol. I try to point out that tacho master have not given me an infringement for doing this but this still won’t appease them. I have never been good at winning arguments so I end up backing down. Does anyone know where I can find a dvsa approved example of poa delaying we’d break to I can educate my cpc trainer so he can,in turn, educate the drivers so they can get off my back :stuck_out_tongue:

smiiiiith

Do you have to work 6 hours solid?

Do you wanna work 6 hours without a decent break?

6 hours is a maximum, not a target.

Newbie7064:

smiiiiith:
Hi guys just a little question that I need answering, hope someone can answer it. Basically Ive never had to use much POA, so if for instance I start work at 4.00am, by 10.00am I would need 15 mins break because the 6 hour rule, in this period I record 1 hour POA, so does this mean I could work till 11.00am before 6 hour rule kicks in. Cheers guys

I regularly delay my wtd break if I have had poa like the example the poster gave. However everyone at my depot thinks this is illegal (drivers, transport manager and cpc trainer). I’ve been told that if dvsa pull me and check my card I will be shot on the spot without trial lol. I try to point out that tacho master have not given me an infringement for doing this but this still won’t appease them. I have never been good at winning arguments so I end up backing down. Does anyone know where I can find a dvsa approved example of poa delaying we’d break to I can educate my cpc trainer so he can,in turn, educate the drivers so they can get off my back :stuck_out_tongue:

I tend to agree with what your people say, POA is exactly what it says you are NOT free To do as you please ie go to the canteen cafe or do whatever you please,if you was it would be classed as break
Its a period of time although you are not physically working you are required to be in attendance and there for counts as WTD
As for Tacho master not signalling an infringement its possible that WTD is not under driving regulations classed as a driving infringement

I could be wrong in my interpretation of this topic and will stand correcting,but its the way I see it

lolipop:

Newbie7064:

smiiiiith:

I tend to agree with what your people say, POA is exactly what it says you are NOT free To do as you please ie go to the canteen cafe or do whatever you please,if you was it would be classed as break
Its a period of time although you are not physically working you are required to be in attendance and there for counts as WTD
As for Tacho master not signalling an infringement its possible that WTD is not under driving regulations classed as a driving infringement

I could be wrong in my interpretation of this topic and will stand correcting,but its the way I see it

Yep you’re wrong! Only driving and other work count for wtd working time,

You also don’t need to be free to dispose of your time for a break either, that’s a requirement for rest

Reading all this the question is why does anyone give a ■■■■ about it, wtd, poa, and all the rest of this bull crap anyway?

I just put anything that I do down (apart from drive and break), on cross hammers other work mode.
I don’t even think anyone has ever been nicked for going over the 6. If the authorities are not even policing it, there it is …definitive proof that it is just pure ■■■■■■■■ to make it look on the face of it, that we are doing less work than we really are, a cop out, and an appeasement to the likes of Tesco that hold us back for ridiculous amounts of time.

Anyone who puts in 60 hours a week for a salaried job based on 48, and doesn’t get paid overtime is a knob.

And deserves everything they get for being spineless. Hourly pay is the only way for the Beaver.

I’ve known drivers be sacked for repeated Wtd infringements. 2 or 3 minutes over the 6 hours on 6 occasions in a month and it was bye bye. Was warned after 4 occasions but did it twice more.
That’s why some can’t stick 2 fingers up to hug. More’s the pity.

eagerbeaver:
Anyone who puts in 60 hours a week for a salaried job based on 48, and doesn’t get paid overtime is a knob.

And deserves everything they get for being spineless. Hourly pay is the only way for the Beaver.

Wise words.

POA exists for one purpose only - So that employers can continue to pay a ■■■■-poor hourly rate while their drivers happily record time-at-work-but-not-actually-working in order to be “at work” for a ridiculous number of hours every week just to earn an average wage.

Roymondo:
POA exists for one purpose only - So that employers can continue to pay a ■■■■-poor hourly rate while their drivers happily record time-at-work-but-not-actually-working in order to be “at work” for a ridiculous number of hours every week just to earn an average wage.

+1

Judehamish:
Got to have 45 mins break before 9 hours even if 8hrs 59mins POA I believe

If your 100% not driving more than 4 and a half hours in your day and not working OVER 9 hours then you only require 30 mins break which can be 2 15 mins, one before 6 hours and one after or 30 mins solid before 6 hours

Newbie7064:

Goodness me. Where do you work where everyone that works there including cpc trainer and transport manager believe your wrong and they are right?

If none of them know something that simple what else are they getting wrong.

Poa does extends the 6 hour rule by how much poa has been recorded.

Simple thing is don’t use poa [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Get a job, were your paid card in to card out. No deductions for breaks or anything. What’s poa?

biggriffin:
Get a job, were your paid card in to card out. No deductions for breaks or anything. What’s poa?

Good employers like me pay from when the driver arrives at the yard until he leaves the yard irregardless of tacho in /out or mode used ,it’s how it should be everywhere.

simcor:

Newbie7064:

Goodness me. Where do you work where everyone that works there including cpc trainer and transport manager believe your wrong and they are right?

I don’t think Newbie7064 is listening, he last logged in in 2018.

Noremac:

simcor:

Newbie7064:

I don’t think Newbie7064 is listening, he last logged in in 2018.

Oops didn’t look at dates of the post tbh, just saw what I assumed was a new thread as someone had revived it and just replied to the particular comment.

I’m apparently thick but I always have 30 mins after 4 hrs , never mind 15 mins after 6!& have had no complaints from previous job or this one , most times I have 35 mins , same as a 20 min break , 50 min break ( often have a hour ) , 11 hr 15 min daily rest etc etc
I always find it far less stressful than sitting there wAtching the tacho click over to 16 mins / 46 mins etc