POA advice needed

If I started work at 6am and drove to a store and have been waiting on POA since 9am, whats the longest I can wait before I have to have a break?? Am I right in thinking that the max shift time is 9 hours before a break has to be recorded if I have been sat waiting on POA??

I cant just sit on break before anyone says that, we have to use POA

selby newcomer:
If I started work at 6am and drove to a store and have been waiting on POA since 9am, whats the longest I can wait before I have to have a break??
you need to get 15 mns in before the 6th hr of work.
you have put it on POA so the clock stopped at 3hrs (12 noon.)

Am I right in thinking that the max shift time is 9 hours before a break has to be recorded if I have been sat waiting on POA??
No shift time don’t come into it its DUTY time that counts (Duty being the time you spend driving or at work ie loading etc POA and Break are not except in the context of a working day

Why ■■
Because if you had a 45 break at least your driving clock would reset to allow a 4.5hr drive and also clear your WTD

3hr 45 mins on POA would mean you need 15mins before 15.45 (6 hours work) and 30 minutes before 18.45 (9 hours work) unless you hit 4.5hrs drive first of course.

POA is just a pause button, I have no idea about your 9hr shift time I’ve never heard of that before.

Awhhhh so glad I’m no doing tesco stores in December anymore :grimacing: I feel your pain selby.

Mr tachograph is the resident guru on these matters.

selby newcomer:

WHY? - there is no law which states you MUST do that

selby newcomer:
If I started work at 6am and drove to a store and have been waiting on POA since 9am, whats the longest I can wait before I have to have a break?? Am I right in thinking that the max shift time is 9 hours before a break has to be recorded if I have been sat waiting on POA??

You need to have a 15 minute break before exceeding six hours working time, you’ve done three hours working time so will need a break before you exceed another three hours working time.

POA does not count as working time.

No that’s not right at-all.

ROG:

selby newcomer:

WHY? - there is no law which states you MUST do that

I could be wrong but it’s probably a company rule.

merc0447:
3hr 45 mins on POA would mean you need 15mins before 15.45 (6 hours work) and 30 minutes before 18.45 (9 hours work)

The 9 hour bit is only if the work in the shift is not over 9 hours - if the work is over 9 hours then there is no rule which says 30 min must be taken by the 9 hour work point

I started at 6am, had 30 min poa waiting for a job, left yard at 7am, arrived at store at 9.15am and have been on poa 3 hrs 45 mins now, got told min 4 hr wait, so got my head down and now thinking about if break needed. I cant sit in break as our break time is linked to our weekly bonus, need to average 45-50 mins break for the week otherwise it affects bonus

selby newcomer:
I started at 6am, had 30 min poa waiting for a job, left yard at 7am, arrived at store at 9.15am and have been on poa 3 hrs 45 mins now, got told min 4 hr wait, so got my head down and now thinking about if break needed. I cant sit in break as our break time is linked to our weekly bonus, need to average 45-50 mins break for the week otherwise it affects bonus

That’s daft as you could have used REST and possibly saved a 15 if you ever use them.
you need to work out what the plan for the day is then so you don’t get caught out.

selby newcomer:

If the company will not pay for recorded breaks over 45 mins per day or caused me to lose money in any other way then I too would record POA

We will get paid for breaks over 45 mins but id end up losing my £50 a week bonus or having it halved to £25, might as well stay on the straight an narrow and get my full bonus.

Ive just come into the canteen and have gone on break, been told ill be another couple of hours waiting yet, get my break iut the way now and I can head back straight away after im tipped

thanks for the replies :smiley:

selby newcomer:
We will get paid for breaks over 45 mins but id end up losing my £50 a week bonus or having it halved to £25, might as well stay on the straight an narrow and get my full bonus.

Ive just come into the canteen and have gone on break, been told ill be another couple of hours waiting yet, get my break iut the way now and I can head back straight away after im tipped

thanks for the replies :smiley:

that’s the thing , knowing what your doing next , as you know it’ll be back to base just get ur 45 in then back on poa

ROG:

selby newcomer:

If the company will not pay for recorded breaks over 45 mins per day or caused me to lose money in any other way then I too would record POA

This is what is so wrong with this industry!!