PM machine

Quick question for the mods. Can someone find out what’s wrong with my PM machine please :frowning: . I’ve sent out a number of PM’s recently and the folks in question haven’t been getting them. Don’t ask how I know that because it’s a long story.

I’ve sent PM’s to Austin, Mal, Ken, Davey and Lucy recently and only 2 have said they haven’t had them. Have the others received theirs yet :question:

:confused:

Just remembered :exclamation: :bulb: It’ll be TC because he’s back now :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

It seems you have a nasty habit of anwering your own questions Rob!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I would get it seen to!! :wink:

TC:
It seems you have a nasty habit of anwering your own questions Rob!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Oi :exclamation: Don’t start :exclamation: You’ve only been back 2 minutes :grimacing: Everyone was calm and collected with you out of the way not being able to stick your fat spoon into everything :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Rob K:

TC:

Oi :exclamation: Don’t start :exclamation: You’ve only been back 2 minutes :grimacing: Everyone was calm and collected with you out of the way not being able to stick your fat spoon into everything :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue:

:grimacing:

I haven’t had a pm from you recently…although you’re the first person to say you’ve had problems…

…One thing which DOES crop up from time to time, which may also be the answer here, is when people post but navigate away from the page before the software has done it’s stuff.
Safest way is to make 100% sure that the confirmation page (the one says “Your message has been sent”, or words to that effect) appears before you go back to the forums. :wink:

It’s easily done…in fact I’ve done it myself!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Hope that helps…:grimacing:

I always wait for confirmation but it hasn’t sent to 5 people including yourself. I was sending to you to ask why it wasn’t working :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :confused:

I think its been a good while since I got one from you Rob, unless im actually senile, as opposed to just thinking I am :laughing:

I’ve gotten emails saying that I have a PM, but when I sign on to check, there’s nothing there. I’ve also sent a couple that weren’t received.

Ive just been asked if I got another PM from a different bloke, and I didnt. Maybe there is a fault?

Have you got my PM now Mal :question: I’ve resent it.

I think the site is dying :cry: Despite Ian blaming my ISP I know it isn’t. This site is definitely running slow and there’s an increasing amount of down time going on.

When I click on the submit post button it just sits there and doesn’t change to the “your post has been submitted” screen. It’s buggered.

No Rob, fraid not M8, and I know the PM’s are working sometimes because I got one this morning, and another this afternoon, so I dont wahts happened to eithe yours, or the other one I was sposed to get Friday sometime, its a mystery?

Rob K:
When I click on the submit post button it just sits there and doesn’t change to the “your post has been submitted” screen. It’s [zb].

Low memory on your PC would be a possible cause of this as would a poor 'net connection. Try restarting it, then try sending.

OK…

we have run a test of over 50 PM messages…

Every one got through :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Sorry Rob, I think it may be you are having dodgy connection problems, the technical gurus cannot find any problem at all at their end.

Keep trying and if you notice anything else that may help us all get to the bottom of this let us know, we want to get it sorted for you as well!! :laughing:

Rikki-UK:
OK…

we have run a test of over 50 PM messages…

Every one got through :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Sorry Rob, I think it may be you are having dodgy connection problems, the technical gurus cannot find any problem at all at their end.

Keep trying and if you notice anything else that may help us all get to the bottom of this let us know, we want to get it sorted for you as well!! :laughing:

25 days after posting the original problem is no good is it :open_mouth: .

There is nothing wrong at my end. I run a website myself and it works fine whilst this site drags its heels on the ground. The PM machine is currently working fine, as is the site but don’t hold your breath… You’ve got to admit there has been a lot of down-time over the past few months, especially on a Sunday afternoon and the early hours of the morning.