Pm 1155 weigher

Using a tipper trailer (new) for a couple of days and can’t work out how to calibrate the weigher.
Have downloaded a manual but not making much of it. Old dogs and new tricks!
Does the body have to be slightly raised before you can get a calibration?
I’ve managed to zero the display by doing this. and wonder if I raise it slightly before loading, will it give me an accurate weight?
Help the Aged please.

You need to raise the body so that all the rubber pads are off the chassis, usually just so the guides at the front of the body clear the chassis is fine. There’ll be 4 weigh cells, 2 at the front either side of the bottom of the ram and 2 at the back, all the weight needs to be purely on these

You then need to zero it

Put the vehicle over a weighbridge and get it’s tare weight

You then need to load it, take it back to the weighbridge, get the gross, subtract the tare, that’ll now give you net weight,

Raise the body again, may need to be higher than when empty as it’ll sag, so check all the rubber pads are clear. then you need to edit the span and enter the net figure you’ve got

It also may need to bed in, you might have to repeat the process a few times till it settles in

Thank you very much sir. As I said, I seem to have managed to get it zeroed with the body off the blocks, and I know what the tare and payload are, so if I get 24.5t on the display I shouldn’t be far out. It’s a fairly quiet little quarry I’m loading at so there’ll be time to zb around if necessary.
Thanks Again
John

I tell you what after that post by stevieboy even I could do it and i’m a total technaphobe.well posted sir… :wink:

From experience you will probably need too do this a couple of times to get it spot on, don’t know why but if mine goes out for some reason it takes a few loads till it’s happy again.