Plymouth to Trowbridge route?

I never get down this way guys, is it a motorway job of M5 and M4 and come in from above or is the a303 and frome quicker, more fuel efficient? Thanks in advance

M5 is slightly longer but more consistant speed. Catch the 303 wrong and be stop start at quite a few bottle necks and lots of 50 an 40 sections.

You could come off at Exeter and then up the A30 A303 to the A350 or come off at Taunton then A358 A303 A350, the first one would be my choice as it’s a more interesting drive.

Coming off at Taunton would probably be better fuel wise.

Thanks men

Free truck parking on Canal road industrial estate, just follow signs for the recycling centre.
Park near Airsprung bed factory or go behind the Citroen dealer.
Fifteen minutes walk to town with two Weatherspoons and a cinema with numerous restaurants.

Exeter, M5 A358 to Ilminster is 20 mins longer than A30/303

SWEDISH BLUE:
Exeter, M5 A358 to Ilminster is 20 mins longer than A30/303

Nah, it’s 9 miles longer but a faster drive, M5, A358 takes about five minutes longer than A30, A303 and I reckon it uses £15 less in fuel compared to climbing the Blackdown Hills at 1.1 mpg.

I was on my way to North Tawton last year and decided to continue on A303 and A30 instead of using A358 and M5 down to junction 31. I will not do that again. Do not listen what sat nav says. It is not faster, not comfortable and not economical to drive that way.

My choice would be up to junction 25 on M5, A358, A303, A37 and A361 because I would like to avoid A350. A350 up to Westbury does not belong to the best roads. It could be good if you let us what route you really have driven.

Watch out for unmarked Police cars that float around the Frome and Warminster bypass roads, I have seen them at four am.