Plymouth-santander

Anyone on here been on it ? whats it like, how long is the crossing ? cheers…

Brittany Ferries, Plymouth - Santander Timetable.

I’ve never used it, but read about and spoken to many drivers who have.
By all accounts it’s a decent enough boat, :sunglasses: .

its like a mini cruise,get into the bay of biscay and its a roller coaster ride :cry: but this time of year you should be ok take about 30+hrs depending on weather enjoy :wink:

Used it a few times. The boat is Pont Aven and it is a cut above your normal ferry.

Apart from their new boat Amourique I have used all of the present fleet and I consider them all to be a high standard.

In fact I still have a strange fondness for the old Coutance.

Day and a half at sea. It will get choppy in the bay of Biscay on the way if it’s blowy (Check shipping forecast on your way to the port, radio 4 fm at 0048 and 0520, and on 198 LW at those times plus 1201 and 1754).

Booze and ■■■ prices on the boat are likely spanish ones, thus you can happily buy up your supplies there, and get UK brands at spanish prices.

Plymouth santander is only 18 hrs . if sailing from poole on cotentin its 24 hrs . watch it coming out of santander they have set up a diversion through the docks . bit confusing at 1st . but then i am thick .

Oh what a lovely way to bypass the Gendarmes … :smiley: :sunglasses:

Dont drink to much lol :laughing:

turnip:
Plymouth santander is only 18 hrs . if sailing from poole on cotentin its 24 hrs . watch it coming out of santander they have set up a diversion through the docks . bit confusing at 1st . but then i am thick .

Was 28 hrs when I was on it last month, a long time with little to do (apart from eating & drinking). Pont Aven is a much better option.

maverick72:
its like a mini cruise,get into the bay of biscay and its a roller coaster ride :cry: but this time of year you should be ok take about 30+hrs depending on weather enjoy :wink:

At present on the summer schedule northbound is just 18 hours - not sure about southbound as I havent been on that crossing for a couple of months.

When you get into Plymouth you will in all likelihood be welcomed by a vast number of busibodies including Plymouths finest constabulary decked out in overalls, hard hats, hi viz and god knows whatever else, along with the Vostapo wheeltappers, immigration, customs and recently the bloody Forestry Commission!!!

Hombre:
When you get into Plymouth you will in all likelihood be welcomed by a vast number of busibodies including Plymouths finest constabulary decked out in overalls, hard hats, hi viz and god knows whatever else, along with the Vostapo wheeltappers, immigration, customs and recently the bloody Forestry Commission!!!

WTF have the Forestry Commission got to offer?

Untreated timber imports, with the bark still attached can harbour beetles, which could then attack British woodland.
It’s therefore illegal to import timber with its bark, even dunnage timbers.

It’s because we’re an island, so cut off from the normal methods of spread. Much the same as having to quarantine dogs, etc, which might bring rabies in.

Simon:
Untreated timber imports, with the bark still attached can harbour beetles, which could then attack British woodland.
It’s therefore illegal to import timber with its bark, even dunnage timbers.

It’s because we’re an island, so cut off from the normal methods of spread. Much the same as having to quarantine dogs, etc, which might bring rabies in.

The point I was trying to make is why does it need yet another government agency sticking it’s oar in?

The authority for saying what, or what doesn’t, come into the country is Customs & Excise.

LOL, jobs for the boys of course.

Besides which, what do C&E know about trees?
You need to be Forestry Commission to recognise a tree.
Same as drivers can no longer change a blown bulb, they need a fitter to do it for them :unamused: .