Plumbing up MAN TGS so Supply Line Active

Hi Guys,
I have a 2014 MAN TGS that i use to move around trailers from yard to yard, most of the time they have been sitting for a long time and have lost all air.

Previously i was using a Volvo FM which when the park brake was on both the supply and brake line to the trailer had air coming out all the time.

The MAN has nothing and you have to release the park brake and wait for ages with your foot on the brake.

With the Volvo i was able to hook up and check everything out while the trailer was filling up.

Has anyone done this modification before? Is it possible on the newer trucks?

Cheers,
Nick

bowers340:
Hi Guys,
I have a 2014 MAN TGS that i use to move around trailers from yard to yard, most of the time they have been sitting for a long time and have lost all air.

Previously i was using a Volvo FM which when the park brake was on both the supply and brake line to the trailer had air coming out all the time.

The MAN has nothing and you have to release the park brake and wait for ages with your foot on the brake.

With the Volvo i was able to hook up and check everything out while the trailer was filling up.

Has anyone done this modification before? Is it possible on the newer trucks?

Cheers,
Nick

You have a fault in the truck mate ! , as my TGX you can hear air going in soon as lines are connected , then just raise engine revs a little till “stop low air” warning goes out

I wonder if different countries get different spec because most trucks over here wont release any air until the park break is off.

Some euro trucks do and some don’t

bowers340:
I wonder if different countries get different spec because most trucks over here wont release any air until the park break is off.

Some euro trucks do and some don’t

Could well be as all my firms trucks Iveco,Mercedes or MAN do the same as you connect the lines you can hear air going in and the suspension raising and brakes clonking as actuators fill with air

Is it multiple trailers you’re having the issue with? The only time I’ve had something similar is when I picked a trailer up from the garage that had had a new valve block fitted, but it was piped up wrong and as the Volvo I had didn’t pressurise the yellow airline with the handbrake, then it was only getting air when I pressed the brake.

You only need to connect the red airline to the trailer to supply it with air, that should be permanently pressurised, is it pressurised when you connect up? maybe you’re new truck has smaller tanks and or compressor? Just use the cruise control to hold a fast idle when doing your checks, if that makes no difference there’s something wrong somewhere

The question is unclear. Are you complaining that the unit is not supplying air down the red line unless the footbrake is applied? (faulty trailer control valve), or is that OK and you just want air out of the yellow line when the vehicle hand control valve is in Park?

Hi,
So it’s a bit different over here in Aus, we have
Blue: supply line fills trailer tanks and pumps up airbag suspension
Red: brakes, only comes on when you press the foot valve.

Most trucks over here have no air coming out of either hose until you take the park brake off then air will come out the blue supply hose.

The Volvo I had when the park brake was on both air lines had air coming out of them, then when you released the park brake only the blue supply line had air until you pressed the foot valve then the red brake line had air pressure.

So with the man as it is now if the park brake is on NO air comes out of either of the lines.

Hope this clears it up, have checked another MAN over here and it’s exactly the same so it’s obviously setup like this for Australia but I’m hoping to change it.

Cheers,
Nick

any ideas?