Please Post Reponsibly

Of those users on here who post “elsewhere”, are there any others having a spot of bother getting posts actually published right now?

We all know of the “Pre Mod” system, where nothing posted by that user gets through without the MODs OKing it first.

I’m wondering if some of my posts elsewhere (I’m yet to be put on Pre-mod here!) have effectively put a proverbial waste paper basket so that not one of my posts ever gets through. Even the most benign and using neutral language throughout.

I appreciate it that there are many powers who would like to control the internet, control free speech, and control our thoughts in an almost Orwellian fashion
But that the major players seem to be “too slow” in taking down actual and proper “illegal” material let’s say - but are falling upon people like me like a ton of bricks?

There are a lot of critics of entities like Facebook, because they’ll allow one-sided on-line trolling, bad language, personal attacks, ISIS recruitment videos, and acting too slowly to remove anything attacking the Right whilst passing on to the police anyone who posts pictures of their family that happen to include kids, talking against any criminal entities out there, and of course anything that doesn’t firmly back the oligarchy as it stands.

This is an adult’s forum. We’re not allowed to swear, make personal attacks, etc. as per the sensible rules for posting. It’s a shame that if we’re to suppress politically incorrect posts - we cannot also stop these idiots who post profanity as standard, preach violence in the name of the hard Left, and just don’t take down the truly inflammatory remarks quickly enough elsewhere.

Even this Charlottesville violence in America is being bandied about without the actual truth forming anywhere near enough part of this news story…

Who was driving a car into who again? Were they the car owner? Who was there to start with, who was outside coming in? What side was the victim on? The answers to these sorts of questions are as important as anything spread across the banners of any and all sides involved… Did anyone notice the Separatists flags flying alongside the Confederate flags for example? Have these two factions joined forces now?
If the March of the Right were there to start with, and then got attacked by incoming Hard Left - did that mean the person driving the car was part of the original crowd there, with a right to defend themselves? Why have they now been charged with Murder 2 rather than in the first degree?

We’re asking the wrong questions all the time. Anyone asking the "Right questions, or at least “More Awkward” questions - gets blocked by those who’d like to turn the internet into some kind of 1984-style “Newspeak” media platform ONLY. :frowning:

Winseer:
Of those users on here who post “elsewhere”, are there any others having a spot of bother getting posts actually published right now?

We all know of the “Pre Mod” system, where nothing posted by that user gets through without the MODs OKing it first.

Not all sites operate a pre-mod system, but the other sites are all free to make their own rules and do whatever works for them.
However, there are rules that their owners/managers should follow.

Winseer:
I’m wondering if some of my posts elsewhere (I’m yet to be put on Pre-mod here!) have effectively put a proverbial waste paper basket so that not one of my posts ever gets through. Even the most benign and using neutral language throughout.

We never comment about what goes on on other sites, except to say that their management styles vary, but I can’t see any reason within the TN rules as to why you’d be put on pre-mod on TN.

Winseer:
I appreciate it that there are many powers who would like to control the internet, control free speech, and control our thoughts in an almost Orwellian fashion
But that the major players seem to be “too slow” in taking down actual and proper “illegal” material let’s say - but are falling upon people like me like a ton of bricks?

There are a lot of critics of entities like Facebook, because they’ll allow one-sided on-line trolling, bad language, personal attacks, ISIS recruitment videos, and acting too slowly to remove anything attacking the Right whilst passing on to the police anyone who posts pictures of their family that happen to include kids, talking against any criminal entities out there, and of course anything that doesn’t firmly back the oligarchy as it stands.

This is an adult’s forum. We’re not allowed to swear, make personal attacks, etc. as per the sensible rules for posting. It’s a shame that if we’re to suppress politically incorrect posts - we cannot also stop these idiots who post profanity as standard, preach violence in the name of the hard Left, and just don’t take down the truly inflammatory remarks quickly enough elsewhere.

We think we’ve got it about right… some political incorrectness is seen as banter, but not everything is clear cut, so sometimes it’s a judgement call by human beings. As such, some are fallible, so sometimes we don’t always get things absolutely spot-on.
A fair comparison of management styles between TN and ‘other sites’ allows people to see what’s what and come to their own decision as to which site(s) they choose to frequent.

Winseer:
Even this Charlottesville violence in America is being bandied about without the actual truth forming anywhere near enough part of this news story…

Who was driving a car into who again? Were they the car owner? Who was there to start with, who was outside coming in? What side was the victim on? The answers to these sorts of questions are as important as anything spread across the banners of any and all sides involved… Did anyone notice the Separatists flags flying alongside the Confederate flags for example? Have these two factions joined forces now?
If the March of the Right were there to start with, and then got attacked by incoming Hard Left - did that mean the person driving the car was part of the original crowd there, with a right to defend themselves? Why have they now been charged with Murder 2 rather than in the first degree?

We’re asking the wrong questions all the time. Anyone asking the "Right questions, or at least “More Awkward” questions - gets blocked by those who’d like to turn the internet into some kind of 1984-style “Newspeak” media platform ONLY. :frowning:

Asking the right question is very important if you want an answer, but many people who don’t understand the word ‘relevance’ claim to have been censored when they’ve actually put their (very good) question in the wrong place.

On TN, the relevance of a topic is forum-based as per the headings on the forum index page, so I’ve moved your question to the feedback forum for discussion.

I’m upholding the mods on this place for being more sensible than most, even it it’s to the point of erring on the side of caution with regards to swearing and the like.

I, for one - don’t like profanity at all. I can’t stand thick people or concrete thinking you see, and to me someone making every other word a swear word simply smacks of ignorance.

It saddens me to see profanity allowed liberally on so many public boards, whilst making any remotely controversial statement (Eg. a more strongly worded “Brudders should be moved on, as they are trespassing”) seems to get jumped on straight away.

We don’t get to call certain society groups by names for which they actually used to be known as, whilst they get to call us victims of their own shenanigans with impunity.
I don’t like it when officialdom lies and intentionally misleads the public either. Our laws are supposed to be cut and dried rules that are easy to understand, and harder to break than obey as a reflex. I ditched my old ISP because they were lying to me with impunity all the time. I object to being a paying customer and have those I am paying work for my enemies or at least those who wish me some kind of financial harm. I’m sure among us driving folk we would consider it bad form for a driver to grass another driver up - at least if there was no danger to the public involved.
It’s not just politicians that lie all the time. The majority of the plebian masses seem to be at it now. If A doesn’t know something, then B will lie about it to try and gain some kind of advantage over A, or at least will use it as some kind of putdown. It is becoming harder to be well-informed in a world that doesn’t think that “lying as standard to strangers” is a good way for society to go on. :frowning:

…Look at the way the Trucking community gets “lied about” by the media to the public especially. When we hear about a driver being grassed up - it’s not “OOh he’s drinking special brew at the wheel” - more like “Ohh he’s gone down that 7.5t street”. Likewise, how many cyclists end up under the wheels of a left-turning artic purely because they are taking silly risks in their riding. Trucker has indicators on, has checked mirror, starts to make the turn and WHOOSH a cyclist thinks all of a sudden he can pass through solid objects!

The public would be better off if they were not lied to. If you told them “Die under the wheels of an artic, and you’ll find any life insurance invalidated” might make a few cyclists think twice before taking their lives in their hands… There’s already a move towards “Update your facebook status, and make public you are on holiday” ALREADY invalidating one’s home and contents insurance eh?

We should all tell the truth - or simply refrain from speaking. :bulb:

“Too much information”?

I watch quite a lot of youTube videos about subjects that I am deeply interested in - usually folks finding old classic cars and repairing them - or railway topics like freight flows and infrastructure stuff.

I learnt a long time ago never to read the comments underneath because sure enough you will find some neanderthal posting some nonsensical rant using the most obnoxious (badly spelt) language they can.

And I am no perfumed daffodil presser by any stretch of the imagination.

Free speech, by all means, but some of it you could do without.

Socketset:
I watch quite a lot of youTube videos about subjects that I am deeply interested in - usually folks finding old classic cars and repairing them - or railway topics like freight flows and infrastructure stuff.

I learnt a long time ago never to read the comments underneath because sure enough you will find some neanderthal posting some nonsensical rant using the most obnoxious (badly spelt) language they can.

And I am no perfumed daffodil presser by any stretch of the imagination.

Free speech, by all means, but some of it you could do without.

Yes, mis-spelt swear words have got to be the very acme of “Ignorant”. You see them on any board with green and red thumbs/arrows as well… If you said as much as “Today is sunny, and I am going to the beach” there always seems to be some moron, probably living in a bedsit with only an old sock for company, who just reds away at everything and anything.

Frankly, I’m appalled and amazed that such people can afford Iphones, because surely they don’t even have the MORE than two fingers and half a brain required to operate an actual desktop computer?! :open_mouth:

Ps. I don’t like to see the girls use the ‘C’ word as an insult either. Used as a Noun though, - that’s different. :stuck_out_tongue: :blush: