Please open barn doors on loading bays

Most of you are guilty as charged.

You naughty people.

Bit early to be on the lash isn’t it, unless your still going from last night? :open_mouth:

dew:
Bit early to be on the lash isn’t it, unless your still going from last night? :open_mouth:

I find I get tipped a lot quicker

Time of the month or maybe the weather :unamused:

Dieseldoforme:

You naughty people.

Tried that once, didn’t really work so now I open barn doors before I go onto the bay. That said thank you for saying please not like the usual grunt-jabber-point-rolleyes that you get from warehouse halfwits.

Dieseldoforme:

You naughty people.

what advice for those of us with roller doors

If I had any doors I’d open them. Not that it would be much help on a side tip!

Dieseldoforme:

You naughty people.

I will admit once i did back onto a bay with me barn doors shut ( Tesco Chepstow) and had the call of shame in the waiting room to go and pull forward and open them, i don’t know what happened really my brain couldn’t have been awake. :blush: :blush:

on one or two occasions ive got to my drop with a fridge trailer, and then had to go and have a look to see whether its got doors or a shutter before i make a ■■■ of myself…

thing is, ive done my vehicle checks and probably checked the seal before ive set off.,
must be old timers disease setting in…

martyh:

What advice for those of us with roller doors ?

Fix large wing mirrors on the rear corners of the trailer
so that you can see that you have left the door open.

bald bloke:

Dieseldoforme:

You naughty people.

I will admit once i did back onto a bay with me barn doors shut ( Tesco Chepstow) and had the call of shame in the waiting room to go and pull forward and open them, i don’t know what happened really my brain couldn’t have been awake. :blush: :blush:

I’ve done that too. :blush: :blush:

Dieseldoforme:

martyh:

What advice for those of us with roller doors ?

Fix large wing mirrors on the rear corners of the trailer
so that you can see what’s left of the door open.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:

Thetaff2:
I’ve done that too. :blush: :blush:

Only “Thetaff2” can read the following message :

Me too taff2 - but I won’t admit that to all the riffraff on here !

I backed onto a bay at ASDA Rochdale, pressed the red button and climbed back in the cab for a snooze. Woke about 30 minutes later to calm and no sign of being unloaded, got out to see how things were going only to find I hadn’t opened the doors. I had to walk all the way up the yard and ask for a green light, the lad behind the desk had a grin on his face and as soon as I opened the doors and backed on I started to get tipped!!

More haste less speed!

SB.

Try doing it in a tesco RDC handing in your keys and sitting there for over 20 mins,then having your bay no called out thinking your tipped only for them to ask you to open the doors in a room full of other drivers!! :grimacing:

I was on the final approach to the bay doors (you know the straight bit heading for the yellow wheel scrubbers) when I realised I hadn’t opened the doors (mainly because I couldn’t see them) so pulled completely off the bay to open them trying to look like I meant to do it.

Not unusual apart from I was on a bay with two empty bays either side so had loads of room… :blush:

Thetaff2:
Try doing it in a tesco RDC handing in your keys and sitting there for over 20 mins,then having your bay no called out thinking your tipped only for them to ask you to open the doors in a room full of other drivers!! :grimacing:

Or 2 hours on the bay at Didcot only to be asked to straighten it up a tad - see, DCs keep their own driving waiting too… :wink:

. . . And I know that loads of you have dropped a trailer on
a bay and forgot something - like the number plate.

Silly Billy, remember BLACK . . .

Brake
Legs
Air
Coupling
Knumber Plate

Tail lifts are fun too:
Reverse to bay, pull forward a gnats nob so tail lift doesn’t scrub on the way down, job done retire to waiting room.
Hour later announcement asking me to walk towards them a bit as I pulled to far forward.
Que sniggers and my sheepish walk of shame back to truck.