Please make a section for Eddie Stobart threads!

I’m not a lover nor a hater of Eddie Stobart but please can there be a forum just on the subject of Eddie Stobart. They way the people who want to talk about them can do so to their hearts content and those that don’t will never have to see a stobart threat on this board every 2 seconds.

please make this happen, pls pls pls

…or just don’t read them, they usually have either or both of the words Eddie and Stobart in the thread title.

Just a thought.

xfmatt:
and those that don’t will never have to see a stobart threat on this board every 2 seconds.

You don’t want to see Stobart threads and yet you created another one? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
…or just don’t read them, they usually have either or both of the words Eddie and Stobart in the thread title.

Just a thought.

At last an intelligent suggestion. There are some amount of people on here with Stobart phobias. :open_mouth:

Yes, I can’t understand it, I have no interest in anything Stobart but I don’t have any animosity towards the firm or their drivers.

Here’s a better place than TruckNet for those interested in the Stobart phenomenon, stobartsaddos.com/index.php , all of the trucks are listed in alphabetical order, as well as where they were spotted etc

Coffeeholic:

Just a thought.

This is quite true but if it’s on the main forum I usually have a look at it whatever the content!!

Coffeeholic:
You don’t want to see Stobart threads and yet you created another one?

Oops…guilty as charged!! :blush:

I have no animosity, I know they are rank amateurs, easy.

I think if you deleted the threads with Stobart or Eddie in the content, this forum would be empty. Eddie Stobart run lorries, employ drivers and paint the chassis red, just like the majority of other road haulage companies

xfmatt:
I’m not a lover nor a hater of Eddie Stobart but please can there be a forum just on the subject of Eddie Stobart. They way the people who want to talk about them can do so to their hearts content and those that don’t will never have to see a stobart thread on this board every 2 seconds.

I think it’s about time this old request was re-requested.

The TV series, spotters, fanboys, newbie opportunities and other stuff is more than enough to warrant having its own forum imho which will then stop the main forum getting clogged up with endless threads about them.

Do you have any reasonable argument why this can’t happen, Rikki?

Rob K:

xfmatt:
I’m not a lover nor a hater of Eddie Stobart but please can there be a forum just on the subject of Eddie Stobart. They way the people who want to talk about them can do so to their hearts content and those that don’t will never have to see a stobart thread on this board every 2 seconds.

The TV series, spotters, fanboys, newbie opportunities and other stuff is more than enough to warrant having its own forum imho which will then stop the main forum getting clogged up with endless threads about them.

Really :question: Are you that bored :question:

You can always NOT click the mouse on anything Stobart related and as if by magic, NO Stobart threads will appear on your screen :bulb:

Or you can always head over this way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to the exit door :laughing:

newmercman:

Rob K:

xfmatt:

Really :question: Are you that bored :question:

You can always NOT click the mouse on anything Stobart related and as if by magic, NO Stobart threads will appear on your screen :bulb:

Or you can always head over this way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to the exit door :laughing:

If I’d wanted to talk to the oil rag I’d have said! :smiling_imp: So button it! :grimacing:

Many of the Stobart threads aren’t labelled as such in the title so you have no idea who it’s about until you open it. And anyway, why all the negativity towards the idea? There are currently 22 forums for nearly every other topic so what’s the harm in creating another one to put all the Stobart stuff in one place? There are often several new Stobart threads started on the same day and most of them are about the same thing so they just clog up the main forum and you have to scrabble about to find anything worth reading.

Most of them run out of steam very quickly and disappear from page one. So a forum dedicated to ESL would be a bit of a waste of time. You’re the SAFP (self appointed forum police:mrgreen:) and claim to be computer savvy so you’d know more about server space and all that other blah blah stuff. I’m sure it would create more work though?

Plus we would never have had ady1’s meltdown if it wasn’t for an Eddie thread, that alone makes them worthwhile surely:shock:

newmercman:
Most of them run out of steam very quickly and disappear from page one. So a forum dedicated to ESL would be a bit of a waste of time. You’re the SAFP (self appointed forum police:mrgreen:) and claim to be computer savvy so you’d know more about server space and all that other blah blah stuff. I’m sure it would create more work though?

Plus we would never have had ady1’s meltdown if it wasn’t for an Eddie thread, that alone makes them worthwhile surely:shock:

It wouldn’t create any more work at all. On phpbb it’s about a 3 click process which takes about 10 seconds to do.

A Stobart themed forum is not going to happen, (unless William pays us a lot of money to create one :wink: ) however given the volume of threads about this company we may create a single “mega” thread and move every post Stobart related into it - which is a fair compromise, and also the only one on offer :wink:

Rikki-UK:
A Stobart themed forum is not going to happen, (unless William pays us a lot of money to create one :wink: )

:cry:

however given the volume of threads about this company we may create a single “mega” thread and move every post Stobart related into it - which is a fair compromise, and also the only one on offer :wink:

Sounds fair, but if you decide to do that may I be so bold as to suggest that a few separate sticky threads may work better than just a mega thread? Eg. one thread to discuss the TV series, another one to discuss working for them and another one for the spotters/fanboys to post their pics and sightings? :bulb:

Rikki-UK:
A Stobart themed forum is not going to happen, (unless William pays us a lot of money to create one :wink: ) however given the volume of threads about this company we may create a single “mega” thread and move every post Stobart related into it - which is a fair compromise, and also the only one on offer :wink:

If all stobart threads were moderated properly then there would be no threads ,I means 99.9% of stuff on hear is zb rubbish,not a ounce of truth in it,but it’s allowed to be posted up,it’s a bloody good job I put them right,do your moderators jobs,or it wouldn’t be will giving you loads of money it would be trucknetuk giving stobarts loads of££££££££ after loads of libel cases :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: .

Please report any libel- when I say libel, I don’t mean fair comment or opinion, which are allowed under UK current laws. I suspect you would be surprised at just how many objections to threads here are received, and how few are actually removed. We have a very good legal team who quite quickly respond to requests to review posts. While no-one wants to spend £1000’s being dragged through the courts we do try to allow reasonable comment- even negative ones about companies.

I encourage anyone who feels a comment is damaging to report it, we do not monitor every post, once reported it is reviewed, if the reviewer thinks there is a possibilty of it being damaging it is removed from public view and sent to a secure area for the legal bods to take a look at- at the end of the day it is their decision if it returns or not.

Please bear in mind just because you don’t like the comment doesn’t in law make it damaging, this site constantly dances on a fine line between allowing you guys to express yourselves and staying the right side of the law- so far we have never been successfully sued-not to say some folks haven’t tried, but have withdrawn when they appreciate they wont win, we have also a lot of content stored securely that if remained in public view we wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.

After nearly 13 years of doing this, we do have a bit of an idea - just saying

Rikki-UK:
Please report any libel- when I say libel, I don’t mean fair comment or opinion, which are allowed under UK current laws. I suspect you would be surprised at just how many objections to threads here are received, and how few are actually removed. We have a very good legal team who quite quickly respond to requests to review posts. While no-one wants to spend £1000’s being dragged through the courts we do try to allow reasonable comment- even negative ones about companies.

I encourage anyone who feels a comment is damaging to report it, we do not monitor every post, once reported it is reviewed, if the reviewer thinks there is a possibilty of it being damaging it is removed from public view and sent to a secure area for the legal bods to take a look at- at the end of the day it is their decision if it returns or not.

Please bear in mind just because you don’t like the comment doesn’t in law make it damaging, this site constantly dances on a fine line between allowing you guys to express yourselves and staying the right side of the law- so far we have never been successfully sued-not to say some folks haven’t tried, but have withdrawn when they appreciate they wont win, we have also a lot of content stored securely that if remained in public view we wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.

After nearly 13 years of doing this, we do have a bit of an idea - just saying

Damned either way then !..Rikki you are our hero keeping this going, we are all a pain at times. And We know it really but never admit it !

Rikki you are our hero keeping this going

I am not, as I keep trying to get folks to realise , TruckNet is only a part of my job nowadays, most of the day to day management of the site is done by the community itself, by way of the admins and moderators. My role as far as TruckNet is now more to ensure we stay financialy viable and unless it all blows up into severe disruption have little hands on work with moderation, luckily I don’t need to because there is a brilliant team of volunteers who keep this site working, all praise and thanks should go to them

Rikki-UK:

Rikki you are our hero keeping this going

I am not, as I keep trying to get folks to realise , TruckNet is only a part of my job nowadays, most of the day to day management of the site is done by the community itself, by way of the admins and moderators. My role as far as TruckNet is now more to ensure we stay financialy viable and unless it all blows up into severe disruption have little hands on work with moderation, luckily I don’t need to because there is a brilliant team of volunteers who keep this site working, all praise and thanks should go to them

So what happened to the 2nd part of your 4 Jul 1630 post? Nothing more said about it despite mentioning it as being “on offer” as a solution to the problem. :neutral_face: