Please help with C+E provisional query

Hi, can anyone help, I have had C+E provisional entitlement on my licence since 1991. 2 weeks ago I sat and passed category C as the training school said I needed to before doing C+E. Iam now starting to wonder if I this is correct. Does anyone know if I could have gone straight onto C+E training and test as the provisional entitlement was on my licence pre 1997. If this is so I may have wasted a grand doing category C. Cheers.

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome williemc :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

williemc:
2 weeks ago I sat and passed category C

:smiley: :smiley:

williemc:
Does anyone know if I could have gone straight onto C+E training and test

The answer is no as the rules changed, including for those in your position.

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:
A read of THIS POST may also be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

As ROG said and as I mentioned in a thread below the answer is no, you did indeed have to do the C first. Once the rules changed in 1997 they became applicable to everyone, there were no ‘grandfather rights’. Welcome btw :slight_smile:

Cheers guys,
Many thanks for the quick response and taking the time to answer my query, feel a bit better now as I thought a grand had gone down the toilet, thanks for the welcome too, I look forward to keeping in touch with you all in the future. Roll on C+E now and hopefully a job in the near future.