Please help with a advice

Hi,

I pass my HGV class 2 in February this year, since then i start applying for jobs but with no success of getting one.
Two weeks ago one of those companies approach over the phone about my HGV and they say that they do not have any Class 2 available and i told them that i am indenting anyway to get my Class 1, where he say that i can do with them the Class 1 if i want and i will be offered a position, the conversation ended with “we keep in touch”. My question is, will be a good idea to contact the company? i am a sceptical person and i do not believe what recruiters say.
Also since i live in North West Lancashire what is the best chance for me of getting a job as a beginner since everyone is asking for experience (i do not see how i can get any jobs in this conditions), and i am starting to get depressed.

Any help and advice will be much appreciated.

read the small print in your employment contract in relation to any financial penalties imposed if you do not stay with them for the agreed term of employment for them to train you up to class 1 in the first place.

dieseldog999:
read the small print in your employment contract in relation to any financial penalties imposed if you do not stay with them for the agreed term of employment for them to train you up to class 1 in the first place.

i have not reached that point yet about the contract
That is my concern now that they will never contact me regarding that training. From my view when someone say “we keep in touch” is more like maybe/maybe not, so that why i asked if is a good idea to reach back to the company after 2 weeks of silence ?

Well, yes, wouldn’t hurt to phone them and ask for some more information, maybe go for a chat with them etc. I wouldn’t wait for them to phone you as reading between the lines you probably didn’t seem too enthusiastic when they phoned you. Without more details of what your commitment to them would be it’s a bit difficult to say if it’s worth looking at.

Harry Monk:
Well, yes, wouldn’t hurt to phone them and ask for some more information, maybe go for a chat with them etc. I wouldn’t wait for them to phone you as reading between the lines you probably didn’t seem too enthusiastic when they phoned you. Without more details of what your commitment to them would be it’s a bit difficult to say if it’s worth looking at.

Thank you for your replay

i hope i will get somewhere, other way i run out of options :frowning:

There isn’t much to go on here, there’s no company details which would help as there’s bound to be someone on here with knowledge of them, there’s no contract details admittedly no you’ve not signed anything or been given a job, but to show an interest you should have been asking them commitment details regarding training etc.

If ypu do your class 1 funded via an agency or employer be careful.
As yes your be given a job/chance. But in return you will have to work 12/18 months. For said company if you leave before hand there want cost of training back.
Plus only a guess you could be on less per hour than a permenat driver. Probably be classed as a trial period on a lower rate

edd1974:
If ypu do your class 1 funded via an agency or employer be careful.
As yes your be given a job/chance. But in return you will have to work 12/18 months. For said company if you leave before hand there want cost of training back.
Plus only a guess you could be on less per hour than a permenat driver. Probably be classed as a trial period on a lower rate

i know where are you getting at, but at the moment priority for me is to get experience, and wage must be within my age category even if is minimum, i will get any offer since no one give me a chance as a new driver :frowning: , i could go and get my class 1 , but then i will find myself in same position as i am now, with no job and then might be even harder to find a Class 1 job without experience

I know what you mean I was there myself 6 years ago.
Ended up on job for minimum wage. . But was only way to gain experience. After 8 months I then moved on to better things as had experience then

edd1974:
I know what you mean I was there myself 6 years ago.
Ended up on job for minimum wage. . But was only way to gain experience. After 8 months I then moved on to better things as had experience then

Problem is that even agency like DriverHire did not give me any job yet, that why i asked here for some help or advice on how to get started