Please give generously

I don’t normally get involved with Charities and the like, but i do when they are covering a subject close to my heart.

We have a lot to thank Helen and John for. These two tireless charity workers do lots of work protecting people against crime,anti social behaviour, alcohol awareness and training for refugees and asylum seekers. They are part of People United Against Crime and Buisness Crime Reduction Centre.
Here is a launch of Buisness Crime Reduction Centre, the guy on the left (i can’t remember his name) but he is the guy who gets other peoples wives pregnant and can get residency permits quicker than me or you, the guy in the middle is the copper who wants more covert speed cameras and has just recieved a NIP for speeding and the guy on the right is the top bod of all the buisness ‘charities’ in the Humber/Yorks area. And together they are going to reduce crime!

Right so what has this got to do with trucking? Well, Helen and John run the Humber/Yorks lorrywatch scheme truckwatch.org
What do they do? They produce a quartlery news letter showing how HMRC customs are cracking down in fuel laundering, anti terrorist measures, sell you tickets at £150 a pop for security conferences and produce pretty pie charts like this

Now it costs approximateley £80,000 per year to keep Helen and John in their jobs doing the good work they do. I suggest you get onto your Transport Managers and get them to sign up to the scheme, they are actively looking for members and sponsors. 1 to 10 trucks will cost your boss £40 membership for a year and for that you can get allsorts of leaflets. You can even get a free Truckwatch window sticker and if that doesn’t deter any potential hijackers or thieves then i don’t know what will.

[disclaimer]
I have no financial interest in this charity myself and do not stand to gain anything by promoting this charity in anyway. I’m just doing it out of the goodness of my heart. You may not get a red nose like some other charities give you but you may get a big red fez !!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
That bloke in the first picture, what’s with just the beard? Is he Amish? If so does he run www.buggywatch.org

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

good to see money being well spent :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

never mind him she looks like a crack cocaine prossie posing for a police mug shot!!!

sorry mike thought the post was for the poppy fund or BLESMA(BRITISH LIMBLESS EX SERVICE man association)

And what have they done for us?

If one remembers back a couple of years, when Staffs (or was it Chesire) had photographs of trucks where they wanted to identify four vehicles from photographs, following a fatal accident, the ‘liveries’ of two of the companies were identified, by TNUK members, literally, within a couple of hours.

There then followed a period whereby Truckpol were starting to be ‘on the ball’ in relation to getting the information out regarding truck thefts. It was still days late, and having viewed the local procedure for disseminating such information, it is not surprising.

Mark Hooper, who was keen to get the information into the ‘public domain’ was then replaced, and the information dried up.

Truckpol has since been relocated to the wilds of Warwickshire, and the amount of information that comes out of there is almost non-existent.

Pie charts and presentations. In sincerity, you’ve really only got to look to the politicians as being at fault. So much time is now being spent in the collation and presentation of numbers, that old fashioned ‘coppering’ now takes a back seat. :unamused: :unamused:

It seems their work is done. Check out the extensive list of Crime Alerts/Hotspots on their site. Must be the safest area of the country to park in now.

Krankee:
And what have they done for us?

I take it you don’t think its a worthwile charity then ?!!!

im just ‘all outa blood …an tears…so might just take a ,rain check’ :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

If one remembers back a couple of years, when Staffs (or was it Chesire) had photographs of trucks where they wanted to identify four vehicles from photographs, following a fatal accident, the ‘liveries’ of two of the companies were identified, by TNUK members, literally, within a couple of hours.

Was that the one near Junction 15. I remember there was a fly by nite in the photo. mot sure whether it was involved though.

Never saw any more on that one or the bad one on the A303 where that little lad was killed.

Come on people, we can make a difference

Wheel Nut:

Think you are on the wrong transport related forum Malc :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe we should have a conference to discuss this :wink:

:blush: It is because Im listening to George Galloway.

I Move :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

You’ve got my vote Malc and this is what i am saying. Lets all stick together and be united. Together united we will stand, divided in the laybys we will fall. Lets all keep out of laybys, not fall over and vote for Malc !