please could someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ORDERED A NEW 6X2 SCANIA LAST MONTH AFTER BEING PROMISED WORK BY A REFRIGERATION COMPANY IN LIVERPOOL WIRH MY TRUCK ON ORDER AND EVERYTHING ORGANISED, “O” LICENCE ETC THEY NOW SAY THEY CAN’T OFFER FULL TIME WORK. I AM TOTALLY GUTTED AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY KNOWS OF ANY COMPANIES IN THE NORTH WEST WHO USE OWNER DRIVERS ANY HELP WOULD BE IMMENSELY GRATEFUL. THANKS SHAUN.

Miss Thorburn will be along in a minute :stuck_out_tongue:

mcburneys :question:

Try these, i can’t vouch for how good or bad they are but they do contract out subbys long term. Known as Bornholm or Denholm

bornholm.co.uk/

denholm-transport.co.uk/

Either link will take you to the same page, you can make your enquiry from there. Nearly all container work.

most container haulers take on subbies so you wont be stuck for long.

Cancel the truck order mate, theres a waiting list for Scania so they will shift it :laughing:

Give these guys a call shaun coldmove.org/home.htm

Don’t panic theres work out there although not all good :unamused:

I trust you have set aside an appropriate wedge for cashflow to tide you over :question:

FYI if your gonna do it look closely at the company you are going to work for, try to get something in writing and if you do read the smallprint :open_mouth:

Good luck

:bulb:
~ Gwynedd Shipping have a yard near the 12 Quays ferry terminal in Birkenhead.

~ Freightliners in Garston.

~ The Lidl RDC at Manor Park, Runcorn use ODs for their store deliveries in the North West / North Wales.(Some loading and unloading yerself will be involved! (electric truck provided):wink: )

~ The Morrisons RDC at Gadbrook, Northwich likewise. (although no loading or unloading whatsoever will be involved. :wink: )

** Re: Lidl…
they, along with the other two rival discount supermarkets Aldi and Netto have massive expansion plans in the UK in the next 10 years.
Whatever happens to the British economy, people will always need to buy food and drink… :sunglasses:

twa logistics in ellesmere port have a fair amount of subbies working for them a few have been there quite a few years so they must be getting a decent rate, just the workers who got messed around!! i know i was one of them.
call 0151-355-6669, ask for jason or trevor.

thanks fellas for the help, got some possitive results and was speaking to a fella the other day from maritime. the money is’nt life changing but it’s a good start. my father in law is starting me off as an investment for me and my family so am really lucky to have the backing. thanks shaun

good luck shaun hope it pans oit for you mate :slight_smile: