Please can you help Tim Sears ?

Butcher:

onesock:

Adonis.:
Nope.

A.

OK

Seasons greetings to you onesock.

Unfortunately, I can’t match your generous offer.

It seems that for every antagonistic comment posted on here, there are decent people like yourself.

The antagonistic troll knows who he is.

Well done again Onesock!

Wait until his 500 quid appears in the account until you go all judgemental ffs …

Firstly. Thank you - One Sock.

I was going to keep your name anonymous. But seeing as you have posted it anyway. There isn’t much point.

I was both astonished and humbled by your donation. When I saw it this morning. I was at a loss for words.
The first thing I did, was phone Tim and tell him. He like myself was blown away by that gesture.
I cannot thank you enough for your generosity.

I was hoping today, to be able to transfer £100 into Tim’s bank account. I have just completed my first transaction
for £566.40. He should have access to that money by Friday, in time for Christmas.

I have personally given Tim £500 . But obviously, when you are running back and forth to hospital. That soon gets eaten up.

One Sock. You have just made two people’s Christmases. Thank you so much.

A few weeks ago. Tim and I sat down to talk about his circumstances. We talked about treatment, we talked about dying and
we spoke about his finances. I asked him if he was ok with doing something like this ? His words to me were;
" If you don’t ask, you don’t get" - So I did !

It’s so touching that when it comes to the crunch, that people will do the right thing. Lorry Drivers get a pretty rough deal from most corners. It’s brilliant that when all is said and done, that we can care for our own kind.

Also. Once again . Thank you to everyone who has shared helpful information. I promise you that all avenues will be considered.
I will keep you all updated as things progress. :wink:

mdourish:
The quickest way to get money from the state is claim to fallen from the back of a lorry and no speak English pockets soon be lined.
Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This is a serious thread, not one for you to peddle your small minded prejudice. Have some respect for this man and his family.

I would like to add one small point here.

I can perfectly understand some people’s sceptisism.
That is why I have chosen to use a recognised platform to collect with. So that accounts can be kept
and transparency be seen. Indeed, if you actually visit the web page. The list of donors can be seen.
Nobody wants to be scammed. I appreciate that fact.

As I have already mentioned. This is designed to deliver the money to the man that needs it, ASAP.
Tim has direct control to access all his donations, less 4% transfer fees. Which after a lot of consideration
is probably as fair as one might expect.

I chose not to use " Gofundme" because I saw how much these organizations take in charges. I chose this
particular option ( Leethci.com) Because it appeared more favourable , but still offered a professional
platform to use. This is all new to me. So it’s very much a trial and error situation, but I’ve spent a couple of weeks trying to work out the best option and this way seems to come pretty close.

If anyone needs proof of what has been transferred. I can probably take a screenshot and email you it.
if you send me a PM request.

Thank you

As Dave Allen said, “May your god go with you.”
There is no need for screenshots or proof

Mike Lewis:
Firstly. Thank you - One Sock.

I was going to keep your name anonymous. But seeing as you have posted it anyway. There isn’t much point.

I was both astonished and humbled by your donation. When I saw it this morning. I was at a loss for words.
The first thing I did, was phone Tim and tell him. He like myself was blown away by that gesture.
I cannot thank you enough for your generosity.

I was hoping today, to be able to transfer £100 into Tim’s bank account. I have just completed my first transaction
for £566.40. He should have access to that money by Friday, in time for Christmas.

I have personally given Tim £500 . But obviously, when you are running back and forth to hospital. That soon gets eaten up.

One Sock. You have just made two people’s Christmases. Thank you so much.

AAAAAW give over, yer makin me go red now !! Pleased to see that you have managed to prove that it is a legitimate appeal.

A few weeks ago. Tim and I sat down to talk about his circumstances. We talked about treatment, we talked about dying and
we spoke about his finances. I asked him if he was ok with doing something like this ? His words to me were;
" If you don’t ask, you don’t get" - So I did !

It’s so touching that when it comes to the crunch, that people will do the right thing. Lorry Drivers get a pretty rough deal from most corners. It’s brilliant that when all is said and done, that we can care for our own kind.

Also. Once again . Thank you to everyone who has shared helpful information. I promise you that all avenues will be considered.
I will keep you all updated as things progress. :wink:

U R Welcome. Nice work Mike, hope you have 100% success on the £10k.

In a friendly way ; come on u lot. £10 0r £20, or less if your a bit strapped at the mo. It’s only equal to a couple of hours work and can be just a one off. We know it’s not a scam and the poor bloke’s got his back to the wall. I can get on my knees and plead if it will help ! Surely even the toughest Truck Drivers have a soft heart occasionally … How about it ? What d’ya say eh? Have a nice Christmas. Ta. Onesock. (God bless ya sir).

Thank you One Sock.

We have a long way to go. But it’s one step at a time. I’m just interested in keeping the roof
over the man’s head and food on his table. If I can help him sustain that, even for the short term.
That would be quite an achievement.

If he were to lose his home because he couldn’t afford the rent. That would be too much to bear.
So I’m just buying him some time and some breathing space. Then we can consider what the future
might hold.

But thanks to kind hearted people like you. This has become a little bit easier.
Thank you.

Have an enjoyable Christmas. You just made someone else’s !

Mike I would like to help out ,I can’t do a online thingy but if you pm or text me some details I can send a cheque for £200 thanks Dan

oldhippyandy:

mdourish:
The quickest way to get money from the state is claim to fallen from the back of a lorry and no speak English pockets soon be lined.

This is a serious thread, not one for you to peddle your small minded prejudice. Have some respect for this man and his family.

Not prejudice just pointing out a fact I also gave advice so in future read my whole post not parts to suit yourself

mdourish:

oldhippyandy:

mdourish:

Not prejudice just pointing out a fact I also gave advice so in future read my whole post not parts to suit yourself

Stop ■■■■■■■

onesock:

mdourish:

oldhippyandy:

mdourish:

Stop ■■■■■■■

And Start donating (P l e a s e )

If yer on the intawebbie thing you can donate by going to the first post of the topic and clicking on the link for leetchi. It’s been checked out and is legitimate . Just follow the leads from there, it only takes a few minutes and need’nt cost you an arm and a leg. Cheers.

Thank you Dan. Very much appreciated. I will PM you his details.

Hi everyone. I have copied a message from Tim. I think that those of you who have donated to him should read it.Because you deserve his thanks for your kindness. To anyone reading this. Even if you don’t feel like donating.
If you could at least share the link below on social media. That in itself would be a wonderful gesture. :slight_smile:

Tim Sears · HGV Driver at Roger Llewellyn Ltd
I would personally like to thank everyone who has donated,shared and left messages of suppot ,i am truly humbled by the generosity of family, friends and total strangers. We all have our darkest hours in life and it’s times like these the kindness of others help you get through it .I can’t thank you all enough … so from myself and my children we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts
Thanks
Tim ,Josh,CHLOË and jasmin

leetchi.com/c/charity-nonprofit-tim-sears

Cheque in post Mike thanks .

Have you posted this on social media , eg facebook ? If not, can I post it there ?
I’ve alot of friends in shropshire. my brother works for Maidens and I have friends at Llewellyns, amongst other places…
I’ll share it about, if thats ok with you…

Edited… Ignore that, I’ve shared your FB post and also sent a few quid.

Good luck

FYI, If anyone cannot see some of their posts in this thread it’s because I’ve moved some posts from the thread to the shed for review.

If it’s decided that the posts are acceptable they will be returned to the thread, otherwise they won’t.