Please can someone explain?

Speaking with a certain agency today about registering (Cat C atm).

They asked how long I’d had my Cat C, I said 7 months. They said, sorry, ring back when you’ve had your licence for a year…

What’s the difference between me having had my licence for a year or just passed, if no-ones taking people on that have just passed■■?

Surely after a year of not driving hgv you’d be a worse driver?

It’s usually to do with insewerance terms.

Todays standard policies for haulage firms ask for drivers with licence for 2yrs+, 6 points or less & no DD convictions. It’s got nothing to do with experience, you’ll find that some co’s will take anyone regardless, & later you’ll find out why.

Some agencies are now asking for at least 6 mth recent checkable experience

But it is the age old how do you get experience if you cant get a job ( this is nowt new I had this over 30 yr ago when going for a job although not driving )

I’m having the same problem with agencies - only from the other end! Held my C+E for nearly 20 years, but haven’t driven for the last 10. Now I’m supposed to remember the name and phone number of every TM I’ve had from between 10 and 20 years ago! Most have the firms have gone bust, so I can’t get a driving reference, therefore can’t get work :unamused:

Chas:
It’s usually to do with insewerance terms.

Are you J Ross ha ha :smiley: