Pleasant surprise for a change

Went back in this morning after 16 days off to survey the ■■■■ state of the interior of my (note to daymen I know it’s the firms :unamused: ) truck/home.
Opened the door with trepidation waiting for the stink of ■■■ smoke, the coffee stains (and worse) on my bunk,.and the muddy boot footprints left by some pond life ■■■■■■ with no manners,…followed by the inevitable phone call of me kicking off to the boss at home telling him ‘‘I’ll be booking 4 hours at Bank hol rate cleaning it before I even think about leaving the ■■■■ yard’’ :imp:

Pleasant surprise, :open_mouth: … it’s been used by two lads who left it spotless, decent lads with empathy and good manners, a rarity in this job.
I’d like to think that was the case and not because of the no hold back note/threat I left pinned to the dash. :blush: :smiley:

So upshot is not ALL day men, part timers,.agency are ignorant arse wipes after all :wink: . :laughing:

Excellent post A+++++ 10/10 will read again.

joe royal:
Excellent post A+++++ 10/10 will read again.

Why do I think you’re taking the ■■■■ here? :laughing:

Rob , this is great news mate , there is nothing worse than finding your motor trashed after a week off ,lost me head loads of times over the years :open_mouth: ,are you going to thank the drivers or snog them ? only joking buddy :laughing: , do not send me a pm they why am I winding you up :laughing: lol

‘Mine’ gets parked up when I’m not driving it [emoji39]

‘Mine’…

Was always parked up (when I was going over the water) until it got taken down the docks one day by the boss, who ripped the nearside step off.

Larf? It was so funny, I nearly bought a round of drinks!

I dread to think what I’m going to find in an hour :frowning: as it’s been on night trunk last 2 weeks :imp:
Any ways card in at 2pm and 2pm put on time sheet as well

Always ask for a certain polish agency driver to go on mine when I’m off , he’s a good lad , doesn’t smoke and leaves it immaculate , nothing worse than getting in a filthy ,■■■ smoke stinking cab after a week off :open_mouth:

Why do I think Rob will be leaving a glowing review on trip advisor etc for the drivers :laughing:

Been out of my allocated motor for 9 days, got back to find an extra 9000km on the clock (no problem there as it’s a tool to do a job) but spent over an hour this morning cleaning the inside out (again not much of a problem as I’m on triple time today) I just wonder why, when I leave all the necessary cleaning kit “drivers” find it so difficult to even sweep the floor out as they leave?

I’m sure you have already done this Rob, but if you know who the drivers were, you might thank them so they know their thoughtfulness is appreciated. Simple reciprocal act of good manners and all that.

I’m in shock [emoji44]not only is my truck still in one pice ,
It’s been filled up [emoji44]and got new front tyres
And the inside just needs a quick dust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue estate:

…in my head…

0B7DD949-A721-4B8D-AF51-1544473FFC80.jpeg

There is a flip side to this of course. As an agency day driving lowlife I get to drive your trucks when you are off. Some of your tramper brethren are absolutely disgusting filthy ■■■■■■ Some cabs can take an hour or two to clean and disinfect to reach the minimum standard of cleanliness we should expect. Others have been so bad I have refused to touch them. I try to leave the cab as I found it but would appreciate it if more of you packed your gear away for the benefit of others that will be driving.

robroy:
Went back in this morning after 16 days off to survey the [zb] state of the interior of my (note to daymen I know it’s the firms :unamused: ) truck/home.
Opened the door with trepidation waiting for the stink of ■■■ smoke, the coffee stains (and worse) on my bunk,.and the muddy boot footprints left by some pond life ■■■■■■ with no manners,…followed by the inevitable phone call of me kicking off to the boss at home telling him ‘‘I’ll be booking 4 hours at Bank hol rate cleaning it before I even think about leaving the [zb] yard’’ :imp:

Pleasant surprise, :open_mouth: … it’s been used by two lads who left it spotless, decent lads with empathy and good manners, a rarity in this job.
I’d like to think that was the case and not because of the no hold back note/threat I left pinned to the dash. :blush: :smiley:

So upshot is not ALL day men, part timers,.agency are ignorant arse wipes after all :wink: . :laughing:

You should be grateful indeed mate.

As for arse wipes, if you were a real trucker you could use your own bathroom AT HOME :wink:

Norfolkinclue1:

blue estate:

…in my head…

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

no1dieselman:
There is a flip side to this of course. As an agency day driving lowlife I get to drive your trucks when you are off. Some of your tramper brethren are absolutely disgusting filthy [zb]. Some cabs can take an hour or two to clean and disinfect to reach the minimum standard of cleanliness we should expect. Others have been so bad I have refused to touch them. I try to leave the cab as I found it but would appreciate it if more of you packed your gear away for the benefit of others that will be driving.

Yep, good point well made, know what you mean.
I’ve had to get in and move motors around the yard belonging to some of my wonderful tramping colleagues :unamused: .and felt like I needed a shower afterwards. :open_mouth:
Makes you wonder what kind of a hovel their homes are some of em.

robroy:
Went back in this morning after 16 days off to survey the [zb] state of the interior of my (note to daymen I know it’s the firms :unamused: ) truck/home.
Opened the door with trepidation waiting for the stink of ■■■ smoke, the coffee stains (and worse) on my bunk,.and the muddy boot footprints left by some pond life ■■■■■■ with no manners,…followed by the inevitable phone call of me kicking off to the boss at home telling him ‘‘I’ll be booking 4 hours at Bank hol rate cleaning it before I even think about leaving the [zb] yard’’ :imp:

That must have been a worrying time 16 days worrying about your cab and wondering if you’re note on the dash made a impact
It amazes me that you have people who work 60 to 70 hours a week plus live in it for so little money and then spend their holidays worrying if it’s the same as they left it
You want everyone to be like you working all hours for buttons when its only a tool not a home

And if you are on a 4 day week Finnish on a sat then most of your posts don’t make sense
The start of your week should be Wednesday
So do you earn that little you do a extra days overtime a week every week
Or is it to just stop others driving your truck
Sad

Roymondo:
I’m sure you have already done this Rob, but if you know who the drivers were, you might thank them so they know their thoughtfulness is appreciated. Simple reciprocal act of good manners and all that.

Done it earlier on bud, didn’t make a song and dance about it, but just a quick text. :sunglasses:
As you say decent manners cost nowt.