Plastic bag rubbish

Guys I’m not a forum regular so this topic may have been covered before, but my pet hate which seems to be on the increase is ‘Asda’ bags of rubbish ■■■■■■■ and dropped out the window into the gutter on roads by ‘us’ truck drivers. Its just another thing to add to all the ■■■■■ in lay-bys to give the good guys amongst us a bad name.

yep your not wrong ad one thing that’s more noticeable is the now LACK of bins in laybys as its as the council’s say keeps costs down as they don’t have to route anyone to empty it.
Long gone are the days when you saw a council van actually stop and pick up rubbish unless there’s a full work order in place with the associated lane closures.

lunch goes in a bag when lunch is finished rubbish into bag and binned when I get back to the yard as we have a Biffa bin next to the fuel pumps , but you know what gets me more , like I said we have this dirty great big red bin by the pumps that everyone has to use on return to depot but drivers don’t seem to know its there because the still leave their crap in the units :imp:

Pet hate of mine too…how hard is it to have a carrier bag that you put all your crap in through the day, and tie it up and bin it when back at base, or when you come across a bin at services etc? :unamused:

Are councils actually admitting it these days that the lack of bins is due to cost cutting? There were quite happily using the excuse that it was because of terrorism. ya know, in case someone planted a bomb in a lay-by in the middle of the countryside… :unamused:

Laziness and lack of pride are the culprits. It is difficult to accurately list all the contributing factor’s, However, poor parenting has to be up near the top of the list IMO.

you should count your lucky stars its just rubbish in those bags, back in my day those bags would of made good toilets, they would be filled with a good old fashioned turd, as a driver gets caught short.

so at least its only rubbish

eagerbeaver:
Laziness and lack of pride are the culprits. It is difficult to accurately list all the contributing factor’s, However, poor parenting has to be up near the top of the list IMO.

Absolutely 100% spot on.
Regards. John.

steamydaz:
‘Asda’ bags of rubbish ■■■■■■■ and dropped out the window .

I must be a cheap skate I use lidl bags :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , (not really) I do agree with you 100%, why even in Portsmouth docks yesterday where all the ‘units’ were parked so the truckers could have a break, somebody had thrown a carrier bag of rubbish out and right opposite where this bag of rubbish was, was a bloody skip purely there for the truckers to throw there rubbish in

desypete:
you should count your lucky stars its just rubbish in those bags, back in my day those bags would of made good toilets, they would be filled with a good old fashioned turd, as a driver gets caught short.

I once stood in a human turd in a layby at peterboro,i got it all over the cab floor ,pedals and steps,i had to scrape it out with a stick while barfing my rocks up,i had the smell in the cab for weeks ,dirty ■■■■■ :smiling_imp:

I used to work a country park as a ranger and we spent thousands putting bins all over the place, and used to empty them everyday.

Then all of them over the course of a week got set fire to…

We replaced them all agin, and a week later, they’d all been set fire too…

In the end, it was more cost effective to do a sweep every 2 days that keep buying bins.

Some old story, provide the amenities, people ruin them, same with public toilets everywhere.

Cheers for that info Seth.

I think I will leave my lunch until later.

eagerbeaver:

It was a scorching day aswell to make it worse,lesson learnt pal ,always watch where you walk when you walk in the grass nearside of your motor in laybys :wink:

main roads seem very clean to me. i often see the council lads picking up on the verges of the A14 , look quite happy in their work

Conan the Librarian:
Pet hate of mine too…how hard is it to have a carrier bag that you put all your crap in through the day, and tie it up and bin it when back at base, or when you come across a bin at services etc? :unamused:

+1,i have a rucksack I take everyday to work,all my crap goes in that and when I get home it gets recycled[if its cans or plastic] or chucked in the bin

seth 70:

desypete:

I once stood in a human turd in a layby at peterboro,i got it all over the cab floor ,pedals and steps,i had to scrape it out with a stick while barfing my rocks up,i had the smell in the cab for weeks ,dirty [zb] :smiling_imp:

lol,cant beat sticking your fingers in a large dog turd though which I did while on a boarding up job,[had to clean the pub up before boarding it up,the guy being evicted let his dog crap everywhere]mind you my nails seem to grow quicker now

On the positive side. When you see a Waitrose bag you know that drivers on good money tho. Get the company name and ring for an interview.

seth 70:

eagerbeaver:

It was a scorching day aswell to make it worse,lesson learnt pal ,always watch where you walk when you walk in the grass nearside of your motor in laybys :wink:

It might have been a bear , be more carefull next time

"280 bags of rubbished removed from laybyes " proclaim the signs on the A64 at tadcaster makes you think