Plant hire driving sweepers

Hay all, local plant hire company near me looking for sweeper drivers. never done sweepers befor, just woundered if any on here knew what it was like, kind of money it can pay, cons of driving left hand drives, tips for the job. there based in stroud, gloucestershire. dose anyone know them ? any feed abck would be sound. thanks

cant say what its like as never done it.
but I did go for an interview for a job as a sweeper driver.
basically was told jobs 6 days a week mon to fri and every Saturday morning.
I asked how this was possible and was told under some regulations domestics I think.
we don’t use tacho cards all in a hand book.
basically reading between the lines got impression can work as many hours days as your ask or told to. as no tacho = no rules. long as the hand written book is kept legal.
so it kind of of put me off

Very mundane job. Done it for 2months. Mostly sat about on site or just going round building sites all day.

Best job i whilst on them was at night on motorway work behind the tar men. Sleep till knock on window then a quick sweep after the plainer has done its job. You dont drive great distances but do drive around at 5mph when on site.

Tipping will be on contracters site normally if not take away to a local tip or farm.

Works ■■■■ easy. This is a driving job where you can watch film on laptop at same time.

cgscott:
This is a driving job where you can watch film on laptop at same time.

Seriously!!

Murrayminor:

cgscott:
This is a driving job where you can watch film on laptop at same time.

Seriously!!

Yes

Not forgetting you can gain experience on a left and right hand drive at the same shift. :smiley: