Plant auctions / sales?

Hi

Can anyone suggest a good place to look for used plant? I’m particularly interested in larger mini-diggers, say about 5 to 8 tons on rubber tracks. Are there any good auctions or dealers preferably near Tilbury or Hull (ie, near the docks :wink: )? I’ve been looking locally (Finland) and the price differential seems to have closed up somewhat, but maybe a trip to the UK is still a possibility.

Thanks!

“Z”

There is a monthly sale near me,but it’s quite a way from any east coast port.They have all sorts of plant in there.
The auctioneers are “brightwells” and the place is shobdon in herefordshire.
Might be worth a look.

Tonyb

cheffins.co.uk/machinery/

They advertise as being ideal for the East Coast Ports and are the biggest in the east of England.

or

cva-auctions.co.uk/Doncaster … -list.aspx

Closer to Hull

You should try GANLY CRAIGIE in ireland. I visited one of their auctions yesterday and it took the full day to get through all of their lots. They’re probably the largest auctioneers of plant and commercial vehicles inIreland. I think their website is WWW.GANLEYCRAIGIE.IE

Will check all these suggestions, Thanks!

Couldn’t find Ganly Craigie’s site at first but after a bit of googling it now appears to be at:
gc2000.ie/

Euro auctions.
off the m62 near ferrybridge.

it’s huge, they do everything.

Try richie bros in moerdijk, holland. if they havent got it no one has…

limeyphil:
Euro auctions.
off the m62 near ferrybridge.

it’s huge, they do everything.

Like Phil says, Euro Auctions is massive,
euroauctions.com/
must be the biggest plant auction in the UK,and just down the M62 from Hull, or theres Cheffins Cambridge Machinery Sale, on Ely Road, Suttton, Cambs, more agricultural based stuff, but with a fair bit of digger plant.

I love the address on the euro auctions website:-

Roall Lane ,
Kellington,
Nr Goole,
Leeds

It’s actually off J34 of the M62 opposite Eggborough Power Station.

Stan

If its just smaller plant you want Zetorpilot try Gateway Auctions at Gisburn, not as big as some of the others but small to medium plant is all they do, so normally plenty of choice. www.gatewayauctions.com . If you want to give them a call ask for David Sunderland. Davids very straight forwards and always up or a deal.

Cheffins at Cambridge is a good place for wheeled diggers like 3CX’s but there never seems to be much tracked gear there. Hewden’s are strugging and have offloaded a shed load of gear this year, some of it not too bad. It’ll be CAT stuff or nothing there.

There’s a new one sprung up at Ferry Lane Rainham, just down the road from Tilbury it always seems to have plenty of gear in it. I did read something in a trade mag a month or so back that they hadn’t paid their ad bill, so how reputable they are I don’t know.

There’s one at Stondon Massey near Ongar in Essex I think he’s just called The Auctioneer, we do odd moves for him sometimes and he gets some decent stuff through there. He’s been around a while and has got a good rep.