Planning to use the M5 on Sunday?

Drivers planning to use the M5 between Junction 4a (M5 / M42) and Junction 5 (Droitwich) are being advised of possible delays on the route from 06.30 for about two hours on Sunday morning, 25 September, during a series of motorway closures for the safe removal of overhead electricity cables.

Full details HERE

Don’t go there.

Local knowledge. The diversion will be along the A38 through Bromsgrove.

Far better, from/to the M6, use Jn 3 of the M42, A435, A46 Evesham by-pass, down to Teddington Hands and rejoin at M5 Jn 9.

From/to the North East. Same route or use M40 Warwick exit and then A46. Or even use M69 to Cov and then the A 46.

Remember that the Evesham Truck Stop, about a mile or so North of Teddington Hands, opens at about 0700.

They also do a good breakfast at the Somerfield petrol station at the northern end of the Evesham by-pass, with parking for about 5 or 6 trucks.

NONE of the mentioned routes involve low bridges.

:slight_smile:

Is this why the matrix signs on the M1 where showing the M5 was shut at that junction this morning?

brit_mark said;

Is this why the matrix signs on the M1 where showing the M5 was shut at that junction this morning?

No, mate. Somebody decided to hav a go at demolishing their caravan, they did an exellent job too.
I followed Krankees’ route, make a nice change to get off the motorway and it doesn’t feel that going cross-country costs any more time. Cannot comment on the standards of breakfasts as I’d eaten earlier. The only thing I’d say is watch out for idiot car drivers around Evesham. The width of the road means they’ll try to overtake and form ‘three’ lanes of traffic. Amusing when the one coming the other way trys it and nobody will pull back in!!

Thanks for geebee.

If its to drop Overhead Lines it only takes a few minutes and is usually done by rolling road block.

If its to string new conductor, to pull up catch and bind takes about an hour and is usually done during the night to minimise disruption and it coincides with minimum load periods so its easier to switch circuits off.