Planning break, service stops etc

I’m still quite a new driver doing a lot of agency jobs that send me all over the place. My question is, is there anything alongside studying maps that can help me plan out and know where suitable stops are?
Being along an unfamiliar stretch of road last night I was nearly caught out with driving time and I didn’t want to stop on the hard shoulder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1st things 1st ! stop when you feel you need a break ! and if office phones and says why you’ve stopped tell them to go take running jump
2nd look to stop when you get past 3hrs 30 driving that gives you 1hr to play with
I’d rather have a decent place to stop 1hour from drop and set out early than get close and park in a Zb spot and get next to no sleep

Point 2 is certain all a very good tip, thankyou!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There’s a couple of apps you can get for your phone that may help with parking areas. My work place have an app called intruck on the work phones. Shows where most of the truck stops and msa’s are so could be handy in new areas. I know there’s others but not sure of names. I personally use it as it lists which stops have snap accounts and often can pay through the app.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

There’s one app called Truck Parking Europe which is fairly handy but generally I try never to push 4.5hrs and always stop at 3/3.5hrs driving.

If your on a motorway check out and try and remember times and also other places ,it might be you deliver at B and there’s a spot wher you can park near by.
For me it’s From Avonmouth
Depot to Micheal Wood 35min
Depot to Gloucester services 45min
Depot to Strensham 1hr 5mins
Depot to Frankly 1hr 45min
Depot to Hilton park 2hrs
Depot to Stafford Depot ( with out the stupid clousers) 2hrs 20min

Obviously times are traffic dependent but on average that’s the plan and you’ll find out timings the more experience you get,
half way points between places you know you can normally do but as it’s been said don’t push the times too far, it’s not often I’ll go past a 4 hr drive .

I use the free Truckfly App on my phone. Also the Snooper Sat Nav gives distances to service stations along the route which is useful. Always aim to stop at least 30 mins before you legally have to, that way you won’t get caught out with traffic etc.