Planners

I can agree to a certain extent but when i joined this industry everyone did what they had to do to get the job done, but we were on lower hours to start with most times, international was different where we ran as bent as you could…however move forward a few years, when regulations were a lot tougher and things changed, we did still have a 13 hour day, and the ministry gave us a 2 hour window to park somewhere safe…but employers took advantage of that, and still do where the normal day now is 15 hours…rest periods changed too…so now they want a 15 hour day, with a bare minimum 9 off…and that when i started to get angry, and i told them, take your choice cos you can’t have both…and i refused to take 9 off and stated to them what the law says, that it is law to take 11 off…there are ifs and buts as we know…but i refused to reduce…all was fine, till others copied…how come he does it etc etc…glad i`m retired now…but i always expected to finish…when i finished…unless a hospital appt etc, but always fitted it around the boss…there ya go.

I’ll be done for dinner :stuck_out_tongue:

There has to be give and take on both sides but there are a lot of people who never know how or when to stick up for themselves its all one-sided
As long as your doing a good days work start from day one as you mean to go on
That will just go over some people’s head

$$$:
Hark at the jobsworth robot.
I’m away 4 nights a week. I finish early on Friday. That’s a perfectly reasonable demand.

Why do so called trampers think as they’ve done 4 nights out they are entitled to go home earlier on a Friday, we’ve got them and they do less work, and complain the most, being away is their choice, and there’s 12hours in a working day, If they wish to do less go and work for the council.

I had a similar feeling about Fridays but only because there seemed to be the same guys returning late Fridays and the same ones parked up early. I don’t think you can always expect an early finish but I also think work has to be distributed fairly.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

I’ve been where $$$ is when it was in one of its many previous identities, the worse one of all, the first and second stages.

Cronyism is or rather was rife there, and i doubt that has or will ever change, it used to be sons of certain gaffers and the most corrupt stewards one could find and their band of merry supporters who got the right work, the rest of the blokes (including me) were crapped from on high regularly, i’d get stitched up every Friday too without fail.

In the end one of the lads i was training told me about a place his dad worked, sounded alright, i got on the phone and started a week or two later, superb job, dunno why the lad didn’t go there himself he jacked immediately after training anyway but never turned up at the new place.

You won’t get any joy with this Friday finish lark unless your face fits.

Worked with plenty of blokes who demand maximum hours mon/thur…and then parked up for dinner on Friday.
Bad management,at the end of the day.

When i started on my job i pointed out i dont work weekends.Friday i can get home anytime no problem.We agreed on that from the start.The office have respected that .The only time i work weekends is when i am off the following week.I can do a Saturday in the warehouse driving a forklift only.

$$$:
It’s got to the stage now where I’m falling out with them every week as they try to make me finish late on a Friday. I wont work late on a Friday. That’s what I’m doing and I’ve told them that, but they still continue to try it on. Currently I’m averaging 47hrs 48mins in week 11 of 26. Need to nudge that up a bit. Am I right in saying I can then refuse work that would push the average over 48? I’m getting so tired of this constant war with these snide vile cretins. Might just not bother and turn the truck round mid run and ignore the phone this week. :imp:

Dozy reincarnated

Will it be steak or a manky orange tonight for $$$ ■■?
Stay tuned for your next thrilling episode of “I’ll be done by 2pm”

I’m only contracted to work 9.5 hours but usually do 10.

New manager tries to get me to stay out but has now got the message. On occasion, I’ll do 10.5 hours if I can be arsed.

I’m a planner and I try my hardest to keep drivers happy. 1st one back on a Friday usually starts 1st on a Monday but I also try to take into account the drivers with family’s and the drivers who have a long commutes, I also try to plan with what the drivers like, some like early starts, some like nights, some prefer days etc etc. Doesn’t always fall into place but i try. But also I have to satisfy the customers needs, without them no one would have a job. If drivers require an early finish on a Friday or a late start Monday every now and again I always manage to make it happen. Last weekend a driver who was promised an early finish was running late back to the yard so I dove his car 2hrs to meet him so he could get home on time and I took the truck and trailer back to the yard, as someone already mentioned, “you catch more flies with honey than vinegar” respect works both ways and I would literally bend over backwards to help my loyal drivers. I’m sure none of my drivers would refer to me as a vile cretin though [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteWhiteWhite:
I’m a planner and I try my hardest to keep drivers happy. 1st one back on a Friday usually starts 1st on a Monday but I also try to take into account the drivers with family’s and the drivers who have a long commutes, I also try to plan with what the drivers like, some like early starts, some like nights, some prefer days etc etc. Doesn’t always fall into place but i try. But also I have to satisfy the customers needs, without them no one would have a job. If drivers require an early finish on a Friday or a late start Monday every now and again I always manage to make it happen. Last weekend a driver who was promised an early finish was running late back to the yard so I dove his car 2hrs to meet him so he could get home on time and I took the truck and trailer back to the yard, as someone already mentioned, “you catch more flies with honey than vinegar” respect works both ways and I would literally bend over backwards to help my loyal drivers. I’m sure none of my drivers would refer to me as a vile cretin though [emoji23]

Congratulations to you, a proper decent boss who looks after his drivers and realises there assets unfortunately nowadays with most of these logistics company’s they don’t give a ■■■■■ and wonder why no one has respect cares about the job or looks after the equipment there’s another EE muppet round the corner, you reap what you sow.
Your way is the best way in the long run.

robthedog:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Congratulations to you, a proper decent boss who looks after his drivers and realises there assets unfortunately nowadays with most of these logistics company’s
they don’t give a [zb] and wonder why no one has respect cares about the job or looks after the equipment there’s another EE muppet round the corner, you reap what you sow.
Your way is the best way in the long run.

Isnt the problem often the companys size?
If the planner and driver (or boss and employee) arent on first name terms, will either give a toss about the others problems?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this, once it goes from first name terms to you are a number time to get out…

$$$:
It’s got to the stage now where I’m falling out with them every week as they try to make me finish late on a Friday. I wont work late on a Friday. That’s what I’m doing and I’ve told them that, but they still continue to try it on. Currently I’m averaging 47hrs 48mins in week 11 of 26. Need to nudge that up a bit. Am I right in saying I can then refuse work that would push the average over 48? I’m getting so tired of this constant war with these snide vile cretins. Might just not bother and turn the truck round mid run and ignore the phone this week. :imp:

Whats your definition of ‘late’? And why do you think you should be exempt from those later finishes, I assume your quite happy to see your driver colleagues (who won’t particularly want them either) cop for them every week whilst you swan off home. If you got employed on the solid agreement that you will never work late on a Friday I will eat my hat.

Sorry but you just come across as another serial moaner who just wants it all his own way & to hell with whoever else that stitches up.

Friday is a normal working day, your planners will have jobs late in the day that need covering just like any other day. We all like an early flirt on Friday but I don’t get why some drivers seem to see it as some sort of divine right.