Planed Industrial Action

ive just had a call from speedferries advising me not
to use my ticket on monday as they are expecting severe
delays caused by french fishermen blockading bologne
and calais again :imp: :imp: :imp:
i had planed a few days at my mates farm in france
[beer n fishing] but im having to decorate instead now :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

hope the warning helps. :exclamation:

have you got anymore info on this as i’m going to eurodisney monday and were catching the 6.30am from dover to calais.
cheers

tony b

I heard nothing on Friday when i shipped back with Sea France…but…on Wednesday night…P & O went on strike …but i think that was a seperate issue…dont know why the ferry companies dont just plough through the little boats and squash the [zb] out of them.

If you need to misspell it to get it past the auto censor that is a really big clue it isn’t allowed. A clue that even the most mentally challenged person should be able to comprehend. :wink: :smiley:

All the schools in our part are closed on Monday due to the strike

There are plans for a big Strike in the UK from 11pm Mon night until 11pm Tuesday night which affects all UK Councils, the strike is about Pensions something about early retirement being squashed or summit like that.

Anyway our Local BBC Radio station in Newcastle is forecasting grid lock on Tuesday Morning as the Tyne Tunnel will be closed from 11pm Monday Night, No Metro Trains will be running on Tuesday and no additional busses will be laid on to cope with demand. Northumbria busses have stated they will replace single deckers with Double deckers where possible but that wont help anyone on the South of the River Tyne, so more cars will be using the High Level Bridge, Swing Bridge, Scotswood and Redhuegh bridges,

One good point is that some local schools will be closed so there will be less school run mothers out on the roads.

Basically anyone heading North to Newcastle is advised to stay on the A1 as the felling bypass will be much heavier than normal due to the Tunnel closure, so if you use the A19 or A194 M for Gateshead / Newcastle expect very long delays.

schools here closed Tuesday because of strike action as well.