pinching bays

got to drop and told to go on bay 54 ,gets to 54 and theres a truck on it so thinks hes about to come off but no hes not there .goes down to office to be told matey had come in and should of parked up and waited for bay but thought by just parking on empty and taking paper work in hed get tipped ,he got zb off.
this happens every day or it seems like it ,surely if your told to park up and wait your turn you do, or if you do it at some places does it work . :question: :confused:

It’s usually the ignorant rigid 7.5 tonner brigade that jump straight on bays. That or the “I’ve only got a couple of pallets” mob.

Conor:
It’s usually the ignorant rigid 7.5 tonner brigade that jump straight on bays. That or the “I’ve only got a couple of pallets” mob.

I don’t necessarely mind the “I’ve only got a couple of pallets” mob - provided they only have a couple of pallets and they’re gonna get on with it.

Stan

Conor:

Comuniss in Leeds only have two bays and the amount of times i have gone back to wagon to find whitevan man has nipped on is unbelievable …I used to pull across the bay just before they were about to pull away and go for a dump for 20 mins.

Happens a lot out our NDC depot . There might be a trailer already on a bay being loaded that you have been told to go on or a driver on the bay you have been told to go on because they couldn’t get on the bay they were allocated .
The simple rule in there is if you can’t get on the bay you have been told to go on then get on the nearest one to it .
The forkie will find you as they don’t load by bay allocation they look for the reg and trailer number .

No end of outside companies coming in and then asking how long you are going to be as you are on their bay :unamused: when the next twenty or so bays are empty .
Securities fault really , when they check you in they should say bay 32 drive or as near as you can get to it .

Going onto the nearest available bay may be ok at your place, but just be warned if the warehouse has a forklift driver that is told to load 26 pallets for Glasgow on bay 44 thats exactly what a lot of them will do, so when you get to Truro and open the doors to find a big label saying “Jocks cold store Glasgow” dont be suprised!