Pidou or Tesco

Sorry if this topic is old, but just curious to know do english guys still use the Pidou or is it just as easy and convienient and if not cheaper to go to the major supermarkets.Or is there somewhere else that drivers are using that is cheaper than the Pidou, i know Wine is can be bought cheaper, but i’m interested to know if your 24 cans of Stella and the value of your pound against the euro works out better. Any help on this will helpful, the summer is on its way and a bulk buy is needed! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Pidou for me :wink: 2 slabs of kronenburg 1664 for £28 :sunglasses: :smiley:

I think Waitrose is cheaper than Pidou.

Much cheaper to call in a French Supermarche away from the ports to get your boisson, less bother with spear chuckers getting in your trailer too

I now buy beer on the boat, Two slabs Stella £22, or one for £12

Thetaff:
Pidou for me :wink: 2 slabs of kronenbourg 1664 for £28 :sunglasses: :smiley:

if you catch rhythm and booze off license on a sale week you can get 24 pack of kronenbourg for £12.99.

i went last year with the van for beer and wine and was well disappointed. it was cheaper at home in morrison’s or tesco. and at adenkirk was dead and also the decent shops :wink: :wink: :wink: were shut down.

Sometimes use it, if I haven’t stopped anywhere else near a supermarket and want a few bottles for wine. But the pound/Euro exchamge rate has made it a lot less competative and you can probably get near the prices with UK supermarket offers.

the rule of thumb was closer to the ports cheaper the price (more competition)
if i wanted general shopping as well as wine / beer i used to go the Auchan near the Fort and
park round back

but we used to use the train so it was handy for back way to Coquelle :smiley:
especially if it was busy

I always found the Aldi in Dunkirk on the way in to BP(SP Port Est) and the docks was much cheaper for booze.Big parking area,takes all cards.Loads of Moroccans use it,must be their housing area,but I never had any trouble,even park overnight.From m’way down to peacock r’about past Auchan turn left then on next big r’about look over t right,take narrow exit of r’about.Vast parking area.Normaly a friterie van there.

there is several beer warehouses (or used to be,as i ain’t been over for 2yrs) in calais 1st jnc heading from port to eurotunnel, on A16, off slip,1st exit ,past shell,ect just b4 railway lines take a right follow round several beer places there,and some will load you to,lol

What’s the cigarette situation now ?. Are the gendarmes still harrassing people ?. How much are they these days, say 200 B&H ?

How much are they these days, say 200 B&H ?

Try here - I always used this place, easy truck park and overnight if needed. Prices are on the website but always freebies available if you buy the right amount.

realtobacco.be/warehouse/