Pictures of your truck.

Old John:
0Rough old thing, but very reliable.(Incredibly its not a V8)

Very neat John

hotel magnum:
stu675 i wonder what you drive, and could drive if we were all like you, the mans proud of what he drives the same as i was with a bedford tk, which could have been a morris threpeny bit

I drive a DAF. Am very happy with it, and see it as fit for purpose without being extravagant. Although I have no idea what they, or the competition cost, unlike my knowledge of cars.
If I wasn’t paying for his Volvo, I would have no opinion.

That’s just it, we have a purchase team that evaluates what incidents we attend and provides vehicles that allow us to deal with the incident. It’s not a case of being extravagant but providing the best tool for the job. It’s false economy to rock up in a vehicle that’s not fit for purpose then keep the motorway shut waiting for a suitable vehicle to arrive. We evaluated a L200 but it wasn’t suitable for our needs.

New job new truck!!!

largebloke1969:

BossHogg:
Latest addition to our fleet.

If it was up to me you lot would be driving round in transit connects , plenty of room to sling all your cones in the back :laughing: :laughing:

Just as well one of our guys was in a Disco on Thursday night, a large pick up lost control in the snow and collided with our patrol car writing it off and putting the officer in hospital, I shudder to think what injuries he would have received in a flimsy van.

BossHogg:

largebloke1969:

BossHogg:
Latest addition to our fleet.

If it was up to me you lot would be driving round in transit connects , plenty of room to sling all your cones in the back [emoji38] [emoji38]

Just as well one of our guys was in a Disco on Thursday night, a large pick up lost control in the snow and collided with our patrol car writing it off and putting the officer in hospital, I shudder to think what injuries he would have received in a flimsy van.

2% better off! [emoji23]

Transit connect 92%
Discovery only 90%

Transit is only 4 star, disco is 5 star, I think I’d trust the star ratings instead of splitting hairs over 2%

BossHogg:
Transit is only 4 star, disco is 5 star, I think I’d trust the star ratings instead of splitting hairs over 2%

The star ratings can’t be compared over different years as cars become more safe. So the Disco from 2017 5 stars may not be as good as 4 stars in 2018 for the ■■■■■■.
The Disco has better % ratings for child occupant and 10% higher rating for pedestrians (possibly leading to an extra star) but not helping HA drivers at all.
I just have your best interests at heart.

Our purchasing team look at the current NCAP ratings when looking at vehicles for conversion, I don’t know what their criteria is.

Streifen (Stripes) the Actros. One of the better Mercs I’ve driven:

Taken at Glencoe, at Buachaille Etive Mòr

This is mine from now on, in the standard of place that we usually have to go :unamused:

BossHogg:
That’s just it, we have a purchase team that evaluates what incidents we attend and provides vehicles that allow us to deal with the incident. It’s not a case of being extravagant but providing the best tool for the job. It’s false economy to rock up in a vehicle that’s not fit for purpose then keep the motorway shut waiting for a suitable vehicle to arrive. We evaluated a L200 but it wasn’t suitable for our needs.

Don’t think this one’s fit for purpose anymore

That was one of ours from ■■■■■■■■ I was on duty when it was hit. My colleague was very lucky, he’d just stopped with a multiple RTC when he was hit.

Punchy Dan:

To only slightly paraphrase George Galloways statement to Saddam Hussein.
“Sir, I salute your versatility”

Old John:

Punchy Dan:

To only slightly paraphrase George Galloways statement to Saddam Hussein.
“Sir, I salute your versatility”

:laughing: Do you reckon that crane could lift his wallet John?

from morrocco days around 2000.

great ol.girl