Pictures and a bit of the story of my bus

This was it when I bought it at the first placed I parked it, up by the hare and hounds at Hipperholme

This was upstairs as I cut the seats out, I’m also running the chimney through the bedroom for heat.

The log burner goes downstairs in what will be the lounge

The bedroom

and from the other side

and this is my temp kitchen, that needs a tidy

the start of the bathroom

Some great pics mate along with a lot of hard work put into that bus! Keep it up and be sure to keep us informed! :sunglasses:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Looks great mate, as Jonny said keep us informed.

and from the outside with festive cheer

why do men always include female part in decorations, i bet i know what the balloons inside look like.

It’s a fantastic idea mate…But there is an awful stigma attached, to people who choose that lifestyle isn’t there?
Parking can be a problem too. Where are you planning to end up wth it bud?
Good luck with it. If you have the means to make it really nice, fair play. :smiley:

I haven’t had a problem with parking so far, at the moment I’m parked in my home town of Brighouse on quiet part of the industrial estate next to the river been there about 6 weeks. I can nip home for a shower and to charge my batterys

Might move closer to Doncaster in the new year as I’m working downthere As to where ill be in 6 months, who knows. Once I have the solar power and shower it will be self sufficient. The hard bit will be living away from my family, that’s all I’ve known for the last 25 years.

Didn’t know you lived in Briggus, although the link to Hipperholme should have been a giveaway.

Ken.

In this country I wouldnt expect much from solar panels, the roof space on your bus severly limits you here.What about using the heat from the engine to power a calorifier when I sailed on yachts that was the system that they used.

alamcculloch:
In this country I wouldnt expect much from solar panels, the roof space on your bus severly limits you here.What about using the heat from the engine to power a calorifier when I sailed on yachts that was the system that they used.

Just fitted a 3 KV solar system to bus which should make me self sufficient for electric on the bus, already done my first load of washing all from 12v batteries charged from the sun.

Looking good mate, and given that property values are on thee point of complete and total collapse, I reckon you’ve made a very sound financial decision too.

Any more pics… :sunglasses:

Looks amazing… wish it was mine…

Intresting what you can do with a bus…

I’m with johnny keep us updated and keep the pics rolling mate

Looking forward to seeing more of this!

The problem with the photos has been that there a faf off my phone and I was always short of power for my laptop. I posted in the driver forum this week catching up with where I am with the bus (copy below). I now fitted a 600watt solar system charging 8 6volt 255ah solar system running a 3kw inverter. On my way back from Tibshelf yesterday in the bus I had a load of washing in the normal domestic washing machine.

Anyroad I’ll get some pics today after my tidy up and will post over the weekend.

(from drivers forum)

The last random week.

by marlow » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:56 pm
I got home last Friday teatime to find 4 Irish blokes turned up in a car at at Priory rd, Brighouse (good parking btw). Now the council have been very good with me down there and the last thing I want is any type of enforsement order in my home town so it was time to move on.

I don’t know if I caught you up with the fact that I now have a 6 month old kitten live with on the bus so it was going to be interesting to see how she would cope moving. She’s been a gem and hops off the bus for wander and comes back as good as Harvey, my 18 month old lab.

Anyroad ………… as look would have it the completion of our home completed last Monday, finally allowing me to spend some cash on the bus. …. I digress but this meant I could book the bus for test, so after a few modifacations to my ‘a’ frame I set off and spent last sat to Monday at Saltaire before the test on Tuesday.

Now I have not done any work on the bus itself since I bought it although a had had it in for a pre mot and knew that the tyres needed sorting, it had a broken spring on the rear n/s a couple of lights sortin and a few pipes securing underneath.

4 remolds with about 9 mm on them across the back and 2 almost new hankocks across the front cost £490

the work on the bus and the cost of the test was £394 so now I was able to put the £165 road tax in the window and were off

stopping at the end of the runway at Leeds Bradford Airpot tonight, I love to watch the planes take off.

Hi mate, cheers for the guided tour of the bus today! Sorry couldn’t stop for a longer chat. That’s multidrop for you! :imp:

It’s coming on a treat though :wink:

Jamie

Glad you intoducuded yourself Jamie

few more pics

A1 south

Thornham Harbour

When FFL463V (re-reg) met HAH238V (original reg) at Hunstanton

stunning places i stop

Washing out at Snethisham

Calling at Tesco

she was a good Laugh

bedroom