Looking for Early Tanker pics of:

BP
SHELL
Q8
Tate and Lyle
Air Products
BOC GASES

Cheers TD!

Any anoraks looking in may recognise the reg, as this wagon is now preserved in Scotlee Transport livery.

It’s had more owners in preservation probably than in its working life - off the top of my head, I can think of it carrying four different liveries in preservation, and that’s probably even more than W. H. Macolm’s Borderer!

I have a Foden S21 ex-BOC unit that we are currently restoring back into BOC livery. I have been looking everywhere for a gas tank to go with it but cannot find one for love nor money. If anyone has even the slightest lead as to where one may remain please let me know. Even better a hydrogen trailer! :wink:

J L Townson of Oldham AEC on ESSO contract working out of Dingle Liverpool(correct working location given by Pastown)
J L TOWNSON 3 MANDATOR ESSO.JPG
A E Evans AEC (photo belongs to Chris Webb t/net member)
scan0736.jpg
Loading under the Cheveron bays.transportphotos.com
VolvoF717x4CheveronPetroleumunderloadingbays.jpg

The Staveley Chemicals photo was taken at the Chlor-Alkali plant.
There was a line of pylons to that plant as the process split brine with electricity.
Products from that plant were Sodium Hydroxide (Caustic soda), Chlorine, Hydrochloric Acid, Hydrogen and Sodium Hypochlorite (Bleach)

One story I remember when I worked on the site was a group of travellers were parked up on Mill Green (Near Morrisons), Chlor-Alk had a chlorine leak.
Travellers couldn’t shift fast enough

G8YMW:
The Staveley Chemicals photo was taken at the Chlor-Alkali plant.
There was a line of pylons to that plant as the process split brine with electricity.
Products from that plant were Sodium Hydroxide (Caustic soda), Chlorine, Hydrochloric Acid, Hydrogen and Sodium Hypochlorite (Bleach)

One story I remember when I worked on the site was a group of travellers were parked up on Mill Green (Near Morrisons), Chlor-Alk had a chlorine leak.
Travellers couldn’t shift fast enough

Had several Chlorine leaks when I was there but have a look at the link - must have been scary at the time

hse.gov.uk/comah/sragtech/casestaveley82.htm

Stanfield:
J L Townson of Oldham AEC on ESSO contract working out of Trafford Park2
A E Evans AEC (photo belongs to Chris Webb t/net member)1
Loading under the Cheveron bays.transportphotos.com0

J L Townson Mandator this was one of a batch 6 identical vehicles on C hire contract to Esso Dingle Liverpool depot carrying black oil . J L Townson worked out of this depot for many years carrying black oil

Thanks for the correct info on where the J L Townson AEC Mandator was based pastown.

BP
SHELL
Q8
Tate and Lyle
Air Products
BOC GASES

Cheers TD!

Tanker Driver
If you go onto page two of this forum and scroll down you will see that flatman001 opened a thread on tankers and there is a Q8 one on there belonging to Sadler Tankers.

Stanfield:
Tanker Driver
If you go onto page two of this forum and scroll down you will see that flatman001 opened a thread on tankers and there is a Q8 one on there belonging to Sadler Tankers.

Here’s a nice Shell AEC MK3.I drove TGU 391 for a few months,ex Shell.Sliding doors,windscreen opened out for aircon,6-speed box,9.6 AEC engine,a great old tool :sunglasses: .

Something a bit newer.

Tanker Driver:

BP
SHELL
Q8
Tate and Lyle
Air Products
BOC GASES

Cheers TD!

Any anoraks looking in may recognise the reg, as this wagon is now preserved in Scotlee Transport livery.

It’s had more owners in preservation probably than in its working life - off the top of my head, I can think of it carrying four different liveries in preservation, and that’s probably even more than W. H. Macolm’s Borderer!

Hope this is OK, not sure of the photos origin but it was given to me on a disc when the plant closed at Staveley two years ago, the photo shows the chlorine drum and cylinder bay at Staveley chemicals

Sniffy:
Hope this is OK, not sure of the photos origin but it was given to me on a disc when the plant closed at Staveley two years ago, the photo shows the chlorine drum and cylinder bay at Staveley chemicals

Staveley Chemicals,I’ve served my time in there Sniffy,all gone now I think. :frowning:

I was passing Staveley early this year, the site is now completely flat, the pic shows where the sulphuric plant and workshop was from the bottom gate. You can still see the ring from under the big sulphur storage tank

Another one bites the dust !!