Picture help

Why when Itake a picture holding my phone normally ( iPhone , camera top right hand corner ) does even though it shows the picture at the correct orientation before posting it comes out at 90 to what it should when shown on here , the only way I can seem to correct that is hold the phone at 90 degrees to how I would normally ( long ways , camera top left hand corner ) , the issue is I forget , take the pic and post it , then they all get there knickers in a twist on here over it , I must admit I don’t think it’s hard to turn your phone 90 degrees to look / read pic , but obviously they do
What’s also baffling me is which ever way I take pic it show the correct orientation, it’s only when it appears on here it’s incorrect , thanks

Seen this alot with pics uploaded from iPhones, not sure why. When folks turn their phones or tablets, the pic may follow and still show sideways. As for me, well I have 27" monitor and I ain’t picking it up sideways to look at a photo! :laughing: Not everyone is browsing on here on a phone. :wink:

Anyway, the way I would fix it is…on a Win10 desktop

1.) I right click the pic, then save to desktop.

2.) Open the pic with the Win 10 photo-editor by double clicking on it.

3.) Use the rotate icon to turn it the right way, shown below highlighted in yellow

4.) Edit your post to upload the corrected photo. Click ‘preview’ to check that it’s uploaded and will be visible and is the right way, then remove the filename of pic that you’re replacing.

5.) Click preview again (just to check) or hit ‘submit’ if you’re feeling confident!!

Similar steps can be followed to re-size a pic, that’s too big for the forum. HTH.

Colingl:
Seen this alot with pics uploaded from iPhones, not sure why. When folks turn their phones or tablets, the pic may follow and still show sideways. As for me, well I have 27" monitor and I ain’t picking it up sideways to look at a photo! :laughing: Not everyone is browsing on here on a phone. :wink:

Anyway, the way I would fix it is…on a Win10 desktop

1.) I right click the pic, then save to desktop.

2.) Open the pic with the Win 10 photo-editor by double clicking on it.

3.) Use the rotate icon to turn it the right way, shown below highlighted in yellow

4.) Edit your post to upload the corrected photo. Click ‘preview’ to check that it’s uploaded and will be visible and is the right way, then remove the filename of pic that you’re replacing.

5.) Click preview again (just to check) or hit ‘submit’ if you’re feeling confident!!

Similar steps can be followed to re-size a pic, that’s too big for the forum. HTH.

Thanks , Colingl, I’ll take on board what you say , but I’ve no doubt theyl be on my back again

Colingl:
As for me, well I have 27" monitor and I ain’t picking it up sideways to look at a photo! :laughing: Not everyone is browsing on here on a phone. :wink:

^^^ This.