Pickfords Tank Haulage, Harold Woods and Tankfreight

Traffic to the Continent via the Tilbury - Antwerp ferry line. Here a Pickfords tanker picked up by a Mercedes of Belgo-Anglaise des Ferry Boats SA. crossing a Railway somewhere in Belgium.

Really a nice combination, a sound mix of European transport, German tractor, British trailor, Belgian railroadcrossing
(my guess would be in Lier, near Lierse SK soccer) and a Belgian-British coöperation

In the documentary film ‘Ferry Load’ on YouTube you see this sort of cooperation in action :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=DlyX7h_SCQU

Hi there is there anyone whos got the fullset of Tankfright cartoons?

C

adr:
C

Thanks Chris - not seen this one before

[the chap ontop of the tank was don fitzpatrick

Sorry Hayley,
Do not have any Photos of Harold Woods in the 60s, i drove for Davis Bros of Wapping High st London in the 60s and came across His Drivers quite often but do not remember any names as it was so long ago.
Ben.

the powder tank on its side was a urmston veh it was a carlise change over the accident was at penrith on the old a6 about 1967 it was loaded out of c p c trafford park

C01626.jpg

this was the same veh after been sold to anderton enginering & being converted to recovery truck

ALR176B.jpg

[attachment=0]222.JPG[/attachment]

can any one remember the names of this urmston staff
the bull
the captain
the talking horse
swan neck
clancy
hand brake harry or yogi bear
the hang man
the big sleep
shagger

Sniffy:
Some of the ex Heckmondwike continental drivers

I’ve come on here to try find my grandads old truck b154vua a Volvo f10 and low and behold the man himself Maurice medlock is here

s-l640[1].jpg
12304448245_c33299c2d6_b[1].jpg

Shame photobucket stopped the link for the early photos

Tankfreight Contract vehicle for Milk Marque with de-mountable body

MM Sniffy,
WP_20170206_09_45_28_Pro.jpg

Anyone Recognise Dreevers? Not Sure Myself??

TF TEX.jpg

TF ATKI.jpg

TF SED ATKI.jpg

CJA1:
Anyone Recognise Dreevers? Not Sure Myself??

I reckon this SA400 was ex Tankfreight,run by George Bloomer,Chesterfield…what’s tha reckon CA? :laughing: