Pickfords Bedford O rigid, who owns it?

This vehicle is presumably on the vintage scene although I don’t ever recall seeing it. I’d like to model it but I could do with some photos of the rear end and inside the cargo space. Does anyone know who owns it so I could ask them? Thanks.

Pickfords2.jpg

I don’t know its owner but it appears to be based in the north east as it has been a regular on the Tyne Tees Run for many years. I’ve never seen it down south.

Tyne Tees run? Surprised I haven’t seen it then :question:

Lonewolf Yorks:
This vehicle is presumably on the vintage scene although I don’t ever recall seeing it. I’d like to model it but I could do with some photos of the rear end and inside the cargo space. Does anyone know who owns it so I could ask them? Thanks.

The Bedford is owned by the brothers Barry and Peter Summers from Spennymoor. I don’t have a contact no at the moment but if you pm me I will try and get a phone no for you tomorrow. Regards Kev.

Wolfie this isn’t actually an O Series, it is more likely the M Series for 2/3 Ton, the K, M and O Series of Bedfords were introduced at the same period 1939 - 53, K models were for 1.5 Ton, M 2/3 Ton and the O 4/5 Ton. The K and M Series had a slightly longer bonnet with the front axle not set back as much and different grille pattern on the sides of the bonnet covers, notice the M Series below it’s the same as your Pickfords photo. Having said that I’ve no doubt Pickfords used the O Series too for the higher payload. As for the rear end it would have had the same lighting set up as the kit only not on the brackets but flush to the rear lower panel. Franky.

Same lorry on the set of Heartbeat.

Ray

kevmac47:

Lonewolf Yorks:

The Bedford is owned by the brothers Barry and Peter Summers from Spennymoor. I don’t have a contact no at the moment but if you pm me I will try and get a phone no for you tomorrow. Regards Kev.

Thanks, I’ve managed to make contact now.

Frankydobo:
Wolfie this isn’t actually an O Series, it is more likely the M Series for 2/3 Ton, the K, M and O Series of Bedfords were introduced at the same period 1939 - 53, K models were for 1.5 Ton, M 2/3 Ton and the O 4/5 Ton. The K and M Series had a slightly longer bonnet with the front axle not set back as much and different grille pattern on the sides of the bonnet covers, notice the M Series below it’s the same as your Pickfords photo. Having said that I’ve no doubt Pickfords used the O Series too for the higher payload. As for the rear end it would have had the same lighting set up as the kit only not on the brackets but flush to the rear lower panel. Franky.

Cheers Frank, I knew there were different weight categories for the K and M but wasn’t sure if there were any external differences.