picket line

i will not be crossing any picket line at this or any site where these foreign firms have came in lock stock and barrel with their own work force. they are racist, or is it ok to say you will not employ the british

I say good on you !!! There needs to be more workers like you.

Could this be the start of the revolution■■?

Having worked on some of those sites, I do know that some of the workers are a little on the idle side as they feel they have the whole area sewn up.
Not that i don’t support the whole notion of protecting jobs but sometimes the background to attitudes is of interest

i think you will find lazy people all over the place the british do not have a monoply on this, more to say when i go abroad they have more than their fare share of dis interested idle ,zb ect ect

fuse:
i will not be crossing any picket line at this or any site where these foreign firms have came in lock stock and barrel with their own work force. they are racist, or is it ok to say you will not employ the british

I listened to the guy trying to explain why they had given the contract to Italy; he did a rubbish job of it.

Now, I’m not the type to jump all over someone because they’re foreign or whatever…

but…

I agree with you in this instance, I wouldn’t cross it either.

Havent the English been employing Scots to run their country for A WHILE??

:wink:;)…

Unfortunately I have to cross picket lines otherwise I lose me job but good luck with it.

i for one will do my bit and refuse to spend any money in a total garage

Clarky:
Could this be the start of the revolution■■?

I bloody well hope so, I’m sick to death of us just moaning about how we have been wronged 1 way or the other. We need to show the government(smarmy 2 faced politicians) that we have had enough of broken promises and lies. Lets hope this can lead onto something better for the british workforce struggling to find jobs in it’s OWN country. Rant over and i will go back to sitting on the fence. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

fuse:
they are racist, or is it ok to say you will not employ the british

racist?! I don’t think they are discriminating against people because of the country they come from. they are probably ‘discriminating’ against them because they are perhaps not as minded to work as hard as others!

If i was in Italy i would expect a job to go to an italian before me.
It’s how it should be.

i will not be crossing any picket lines. and i am not anti-italian. my grandad was one of them. hail musolini.

Where does it all stop though, do you make it illegal to buy foreign cars and so on or completely ban foreign companies for tendering for work in Britain and vice versa? I’m sure there are many other examples I could think of.

Bottom line is we live in a free market and benefit from that in many ways, we can’t have it all our own way.

TOTAL is a French company I believe who have decided to use an Italian company for work on their site in Britain after a competitive tender. Why should they be dictated to about where they spend their money? At least they are employing English workers at all at the site.

If you take your argument to it’s logical conclusion we will become a communist, protectionist state. Money and the market rule, freedom of choice…

Also if you decide to not spend your money with TOTAL as a protest at their buying practices then that is also allowed in a free market.

its all a load of Bollonia
company gets job employs people its used before end of story
now go back to work and give us some peace

oh and dont drive thru my county its my job to do that
and dont drink in my pub its for locals only

and yawn yawn yawn

and dont go abroad and dont buy any foreign food and dont listen to American decadent music
espcially Woody Guthrie on BBC4

I thought i was great the total spokeman was too much of a ■■■■■ to go live on the jeremy vine/stair bannister show to me that highlights how much of a spineless bunch of cretinous scumbags they are some may say thats harsh but when our country is in recession we need the companies who work in our country to employ our job seeking public to aid boosting our economy as a country which would help aid the world economy to a degree. When times get tough we need to change the way the country and procedures work to help us get back to a level ground again

what happened to “British jobs for Bristish people”

Mr Brown you are an {zb} im ashamed that ur event he mp for my local area let alone pm.

should we join the picket lines? (well us that dont have a job?)

Woody Guthrie on BBC4

other presenters and radio stations are available :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gogzy:

Mr Brown you are an {zb} im ashamed that ur event he mp for my local area let alone pm.

The recruitment of foreign workers is down to individual companies, when was the last time you were interviewed for a job by the UK government?
As long as people blame the government for this situation the employers in question have free reign. The EMPLOYERS in the UK are culpable just as much as the government! As for joining the picket lines, you would have to be crazy, you get sacked for less these days, dont give them the ammo they are looking for.

pete-b:

gogzy:

The recruitment of foreign workers is down to individual companies, when was the last time you were interviewed for a job by the UK government?
As long as people blame the government for this situation the employers in question have free reign. The EMPLOYERS in the UK are culpable just as much as the government! As for joining the picket lines, you would have to be crazy, you get sacked for less these days, dont give them the ammo they are looking for.

last year, at the jobcentre,they claimed i had been claiming money while working, which isnt true and got proven so yea the jobcentre is part of government.

well it partly is the governemts fault,t hey throw money at these companies to come here but they employ foriegn workers on the cheap.

as for being sacked from my job…what job? i dont have one because nobody will take me on due to 4 factors

my age
my lack of experience
the amount of time ive held my licence

and the fact the worlds screwed up right now.

If it was a level playing field and UK companies can bid for foreign building contracts then I can’t see a problem, but I doubt it is a level field; most of our european partners run a closed country when it comes too building contracts. If what i’m saying is false then please feel free to sue me.
This country has been built on cheap labour for too long, be it haulage, farmers, hospitality and even the cleaning of hospitals.
We get what we pay for and probably what we deserve, you pay peanuts you get monkeys.
We as a nation are now reaping what we have sown for the past decade.

If it isn’t the French, Poles and Italians screwing us it the ■■■■ Jocks!!!

jammymutt:
Havent the English been employing Scots to run their country for A WHILE??

And look at the mess they have got us into :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: