Pic Request - Highways Trucks

Hi guys,

I make models of trucks and am planning 2 Highways Agency trucks, although I am having trouble finding pics of the ones I want so I wondered if you guys could help?

The first one is a 6 wheeler Dennis Elite with a big Palfinger crane behind the cab and a crash cushion painted up in bright yellow and orange stripes with Incident Support Unit written on the front. I was hoping that you guys out on the road or those that use the ‘hands free’ camera, will be able to take some piccy’s or if you ever see one in a service station?

The second one is a plain yellow DAF CF daycab with a blue logo on the doors that looks like a 6 wheel tipper but it has a crash cushion and signboard on the back.

All I ask is a picture of the front/side and back/side of both if you ever get the chance. I know you may hate them, but I cant find pictures anywhere on the net and I am only 14 so I’m not out and about myself, yet. :smiley:

Thanks in advance, any help will be much appreciated.

Benni. :wink:

Hi mate just had a quick look on the net and found this

also this site should help you alot acklea.com/ they make and hire highway maintenance trucks.
kingtrailers.co.uk/traffic_management.aspx and another site.

Not quite what your looking for but these are the two I work with, try the following link and click on the vehicle rental fleet, it will open up a PDF with various different types available

highwaycare.co.uk/product_in … management

Dlote - Thanks mate, but I have seen that pic before, I have loads of pics like that of just any Highways trucks from the net, but its photos of these specific vehicles I am after. Also been on both of these websites and I actually went down to Acklea’s yard in the pouring rain taking photos of them! Was really hoping to see at least 1 of the 2 vehicles I am after pics of as these are the people who build them!

Wilkina - No, they are not what I am looking for, but they are superb! I live on Canvey in Essex and been wanting to build one of these too, again, gave up due to lack of pictures. I saw the old crash cushion Mercedes the other day on a roundabout in Pitsea area.

I like the Merc Axor, any chance of a pic of the back? Fancy doing one of these too now! :smiley:

Thanks for your help guys! Much apprecited!

Keep pics coming please! :slight_smile:

The Actros is my work hack :smiley: Been around Pitsea / Five Bells last week and will be next week aswell, should both be out tomorrow at Ashlyns roundabout just down from Pitsea Tesco. The Axor is just a tail lift at the back with the reflective chevrons, I’ll see what I can do for pictures but they don’t come out to well at night :laughing: We also have a crane lorry, that’s a six wheeled Atego, yellow cab and black buck.

I think your going to struggle to find a picture of a Dennis with a cushion and a crane as in an ideal world the cushion should be empty or have cones etc on it but strapped down, I’ve been in the game 7 years and seen plenty of Dennis cushions but none with a crane.

youtube.com/watch?v=y57ooxlhIu0

Knew I had a video of them somehwere! Suppose thats the Atego are talking about?

Where abouts are they based mate?

I have seen the Dennis with crash cushions before. I have seen 3 on the M25, one came up so quick I couldnt get the cam out and the other 2 were in the pouring rain and I couldnt see a thing! But I deffinatley know they have cranes behind the cab and crash cushions at the back.

May not be what you want,but it was doing an important job.

Yep thats the Atego with crane, that’ll be out next Sunday in the same place as the video :slight_smile:

All three are on the A13 this week between Pitsea and Five bells.

Based in Rochford, Purdeys Ind Est, used to be Woodside Park Benfleet.

I know they do Dennis with cushion but not seen one with a crane, Old place I used to work for had 17T 4 wheel Atego with cushion and crane but no one liked using it as if it got hit the crane could end up in cab.

Only thing I can suggest is to e-mail Highway care and Acklea to see if they have any photos on file of conversions they have done, failing that try TM firms like : Amey, Atkins, Carrillion, Trek, Ringway, TMNE, Chevron, Martins (HW Martin), Mervyn Lambert.

Think I found what your looking for, hope it was worth the wait!!!