Photoshop

Anyone noticed how many trainers are using pictures of trucks and buses that they don’t actually have? Brokers, of course, have been doing this for years. But I find it disappointing when bona fide trainers are resorting to this.

I, for one, would find it difficult to trust a company (in any field) that used images in this way.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

100% agree Peter, if they have to use images that are not for real then what else do they have to hide. A training company near me used to have a photo of a FH Volvo with L plates on - only problem is it was a left hand drive - websites can give the impression of a all singing all dancing school when in reality it’s no more than a scrap yard :wink:

All pictures on my website are current vehicle we use for training everyday, and this will always be the case, very much like yourself Peter.

Be honest, professional and 100% committed to customer service and let the rest be below par.

John

Just to add- the helicopter on the website belongs to the welsh air ambulance - who we collect for, sorry not pilot training lol :wink:

John

That would have made an interesting USP John.

Although there are some clever graphic designers, usually the photoshopped stuff is pretty badly done and the telltale marks are there if you look

the telltale marks are there if you look

But my point is that the sites should be straightforward and honest. No-one should have to be looking to see if they’re being lied to.

This is why it’s important to try before you buy. As trainers we should be encouraging newbies to go and visit a few training providers before parting with any money.

Paul

This is why it’s important to try before you buy. As trainers we should be encouraging newbies to go and visit a few training providers before parting with any money.

100% agree. If we are confident that we are better than the next guy, we should (and do) actively encourage potential customers to do the rounds. With very rare exceptions, I find that customers return having seen what else is on offer.

That sounds arrogant. It’s not intended to be. But if we are true professionals who know what we’re doing and using good equipment and facilities, we should be proud and not keep quiet.

Here here Pete

In the last couple of months I have had to pick up the pieces from the unfortunate individuals who have been scammed by the brokers.

I am a great believer that a combination of value for money, honesty and good training in suitable training vehicles will always prevail in this industry.

We spend too long sorting out other trainers’ mess. The problem is that the trainee has already spent good money and then want to be sorted out for pennies. It gets boring. But you can’t tell people!

Have two assessments tomorrow in these circumstances. One of them enquired on Friday, being quite sure of failing today - which he has. But the original “trainer” (lorry driver playing at training) was cheaper than us which is why he got the job to start with.

I’m afraid I’m past the point of trying to give deals to help out. They will get a fair assessment with a fair price attached to it. I can do no more.

elmet training:
In the last couple of months I have had to pick up the pieces from the unfortunate individuals who have been scammed by the brokers.

Which in itself goes to prove that people are taken in initially by " professional looking website" offering both false images and false promises - anyone who is willing to part " up front " with between £1000 and in some cases £2500 without knowing where, when and with whom they will train is doing no more than keeping the brokers in business. Let’s be honest some training companies wouldn’t stay in business if they didn’t work for the brokers.

To any potential customers reading this, see the website then make the effort to see the training provider- if they both give what you want then you can happily start the path to your new career.

John

Peter Smythe:
Anyone noticed how many trainers are using pictures of trucks and buses that they don’t actually have? Brokers, of course, have been doing this for years. But I find it disappointing when bona fide trainers are resorting to this.

I, for one, would find it difficult to trust a company (in any field) that used images in this way.

Pete, it would be a clever Photoshopper who could make a pic of one of your trucks look like his own.

btw, thanks for sorting-out my previous training faults. I hope I paid full price, I felt bad enough bringing my problems to you without now finding you gave me a discount. :slight_smile:

Alan

thanks for sorting-out my previous training faults. I hope I paid full price, I felt bad enough bringing my problems to you without now finding you gave me a discount.

Alan

God forbid!!