Photos of Trucks from Tasmania and Australia

mushroomman:
Mushrooms Dig :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: If you would of read the text message that was left for you on the tree then you might of found a box of Vegemite and cheese sandwiches. :wink:
Better still you should of gone with The Bush Tuckerman. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=X9uW_4eCIcE

youtube.com/watch?v=QUFLhEc_sPs

Nothing wrong with a Cheese sandwich MRM but I was my own Bush Tuckerman for years i can open a tin of baked Beans with the best of them lol.
DIG

I am impressed Dig, did you use a rod or a net to catch that tin of beans. :confused:
Anyway, I have seen a photo of your Damper and it looked delicious to me. :smiley:

I took these three photos on the Queensland/Northern Territory border at Camooweal on The Barkly Highway about 14 years ago.

mushroomman:
I am impressed Dig, did you use a rod or a net to catch that tin of beans. :confused:
Anyway, I have seen a photo of your Damper and it looked delicious to me. :smiley:

I took these three photos on the Queensland/Northern Territory border at Camooweal on The Barkly Highway about 14 years ago.

MRM I remember having breakfast in that r/h when in the company of a number of Mansell trucks shifting a rig from Windorah to north east of Kunanura in W A there was probably 12 of us all ugly wide high heavy when the mermaids turned up took a long look as the parked trucks went the full length of Camoowheel and they must have decided the paper work would keep them there for a week so they buggered off but they must have rung the NT blokes at Tennant Creek as they were waiting for us at Three Ways. happy days lol.

Cheers Dig

DIG:

mushroomman:

MRM I remember having breakfast in that r/h when in the company of a number of Mansell trucks shifting a rig from Windorah to north east of Kunanura in W A there was probably 12 of us all ugly wide high heavy when the mermaids turned up took a long look as the parked trucks went the full length of Camoowheel and they must have decided the paper work would keep them there for a week so they buggered off but they must have rung the NT blokes at Tennant Creek as they were waiting for us at Three Ways. happy days lol.

Cheers Dig

Heres a couple of pics not that trip but similar loads

Dig

ramone:
Do they have a preservation scene over there with the old British lorries they used ?

Ramone there is an Australian Transport Hall of Fame situated in Alice Springs,there are many different types of trucks on display there, here a couple of British units although not common models in the UK.There are others but I regret I don’t have any photos.

The top one is a Rottendauf it was one of 2 imported into Aus for transporting cattle on the Vesty group of stations.
The other is a Super Hippo or a Buffalo perhaps someone else will know which, this one belonged to Co Ord transport pulling road trains in the NT

Cheers Dig

Continuing with the Leyland theme this old girl is parked in a back corner of the Sydney bus museum and is in pretty good order there is a 510 motor in the back of it as well so not sure if it’s a runner

IMG_0279.JPG

Transport Hall of Fame, Alice Springs 2015.
Oily

OZ Bahnfrend cc by sa 4.0bf  Ford_LNT_9000,_National_Road_Transport_Hall_of_Fame,_2015.JPG

OZ Bahnfrend cc by sa 4.0 Oshkosh,_National_Road_Transport_Hall_of_Fame,_2015bf.jpg

OZ Bahnfrend cc by sa 4.0 bf Autocar,_National_Road_Transport_Hall_of_Fame,_2015.JPG

OZ Bahnfrend cc by sa 4.0 bf Rotinoff_Viscount,_National_Road_Transport_Hall_of_Fame,_2015.JPG

oiltreader:
Oily

Good stuff Oily
Dig

Jackie and Julie are the "names "of the Rotinoffs

DIG:

oiltreader:
Oily

Good stuff Oily
Dig

A few more Dig.
Oily

Does anyone have any info or pictures of the Mack Superliners with the Australian folk hero names? Are there any still out on the road working?

ChrisArbon:
Does anyone have any info or pictures of the Mack Superliners with the Australian folk hero names? Are there any still out on the road working?

Hi Chris if you google 1988 Australian Bicentinional Mack Super-liners. you should get the whole 20 of them.

I tried to upload them but they have a block on them .

Cheers Dig

oiltreader:

DIG:

oiltreader:
Oily

Good stuff Oily
Dig

A few more Dig.
Oily

On the ball Oily
cheers Dig

DIG:

ramone:
Do they have a preservation scene over there with the old British lorries they used ?

Ramone there is an Australian Transport Hall of Fame situated in Alice Springs,there are many different types of trucks on display there, here a couple of British units although not common models in the UK.There are others but I regret I don’t have any photos.

The top one is a Rottendauf it was one of 2 imported into Aus for transporting cattle on the Vesty group of stations.
The other is a Super Hippo or a Buffalo perhaps someone else will know which, this one belonged to Co Ord transport pulling road trains in the NT

Cheers Dig

Like the Mk X Jaguar just poking it’s nose out of the front of the Ford,second to last picture Dig!

David

5thwheel:

DIG:

ramone:

Cheers Dig

Like the Mk X Jaguar just poking it’s nose out of the front of the Ford,second to last picture Dig!

David

David the restoration workshop at the Hall of Fame is crewed mainly by volunteers so the Jag may belong to one of them I don’t think its a display unit but others may know more.

Cheers Dig

DIG:

ChrisArbon:

Hi Chris if you google 1988 Australian Bicentinional Mack Super-liners. you should get the whole 20 of them.

Cheers Dig

Thanks for link Dig. Some good pictures among some good information . Pity the photos are copywrited. Did you ever see one out on the road?

ChrisArbon:

DIG:

ChrisArbon:

Cheers Dig

Thanks for link Dig. Some good pictures among some good information . Pity the photos are copywrited. Did you ever see one out on the road?

Chris there was one delivered to a Perth Company and used for low loader work and I used to see it from time to time ,I think it may have been the John Giles but its been a while,I.m sure there will be one or two still going most likely in Queensland,Muchroomman s your best bet I would reckon.
Here a pic of one built and delivered in 1979 to an owner driver here in WA this one is still going and its a credit to its owner,its powered by a Cat motor and has a twin stick transmission a 5 speed Mack box and a 4 speed auxiliary box I recall when Marbles[o/ds nick name]arrived with it he used half a bottle of oxy acetaelene bending the 2 gear sticks until he had them how he wanted.

Cheers Dig

images.jpeg

Hello Dig, it still amazes me when the cane cutting season starts (which should be in the next couple of weeks) how many vintage trucks and cane trailers start appearing on the country roads heading towards the sugar mills. Twice now I have seen an old Atki knocking about and I have promised myself that the next time that I see it then I shall turn around and follow it, just to see where it lives and to take a couple of photos. :smiley:

Regards Steve.

Showing off the latest Mack Superliner tradetrucks.com.au/truck-re … per-review
Oily

mushroomman:
Hello Dig, it still amazes me when the cane cutting season starts (which should be in the next couple of weeks) how many vintage trucks and cane trailers start appearing on the country roads heading towards the sugar mills. Twice now I have seen an old Atki knocking about and I have promised myself that the next time that I see it then I shall turn around and follow it, just to see where it lives and to take a couple of photos. :smiley:

You be careful MRM we don’t want you in trouble for stalking an Atkinson.

DIG