Photos of Parkers Transport Bolton

Hi All ,The old man worked for Parkers of Bolton Based at the Raikes Lane ind est in the mid 70s The fleet were mainly AEC DODGE and a few artics 1 being a bedford i used to run with him when i could so i remember the yard the yellow wagons with black lettering They were a mixed general transport outfit with loads of pop out of Barrs of atherton Sweets out of Halls of Bury and steel tube out of Markland Scowcroft runs with the pop may take you down to southampton staying at Burts Cafe or Tube to Newcastle staying in Bellinghams digs (i think) any photos much appreciated .

givover:
Hi All ,The old man worked for Parkers of Bolton Based at the Raikes Lane ind est in the mid 70s The fleet were mainly AEC DODGE and a few artics 1 being a bedford i used to run with him when i could so i remember the yard the yellow wagons with black lettering They were a mixed general transport outfit with loads of pop out of Barrs of atherton Sweets out of Halls of Bury and steel tube out of Markland Scowcroft runs with the pop may take you down to southampton staying at Burts Cafe or Tube to Newcastle staying in Bellinghams digs (i think) any photos much appreciated .

hello .
my step pappy did a bit for them , probably very late 70’s. its was only a short while tho . i do remember going to hull with him in a sedatki , i even remember the reg number , infact i remember 2 of them . NBN 737R and NBN 747R … one of them was a day cab and the other was a sleeper … jjjeeeeesh long time ago that was … :smiley:

bowser:

givover:

hello .
my step pappy did a bit for them , probably very late 70’s. its was only a short while tho . i do remember going to hull with him in a sedatki , i even remember the reg number , infact i remember 2 of them . NBN 737R and NBN 747R … one of them was a day cab and the other was a sleeper … jjjeeeeesh long time ago that was … :smiley:

I was there mid 70s got one of the two sed atkis jack parker got by way of a cancelled order.They had gardner 150s in them,ronny carr had the other one.
regards dave.

dafdave:

bowser:

givover:

hello .

I was there mid 70s got one of the two sed atkis jack parker got by way of a cancelled order.They had gardner 150s in them,ronny carr had the other one.
regards dave.

can you remember the reg numbers ■■
he only worked for them a short while , from memeory he was going to go to hull in one of them , the day cab , and it had clutch trouble so we were sent in the sleeper . could have been the other way round tho its a long time ago .

bowser:

dafdave:

bowser:

givover:

hello .

regards dave.

can you remember the reg numbers ?
he only worked for them a short while , from memeory he was going to go to hull in one of them , the day cab , and it had clutch trouble so we were sent in the sleeper . could have been the other way round tho its a long time ago .

The only thing i can remember is they ran consecetive began with AWH and wouldant pull you out of bed e.g.me and ron maiden voyage 2 loads rsjs out of watsons sunday morn 5.00am to cadburys b/ham 3hrs loaded non stop 2 and half back empty.
regards dave.

dafdave:

bowser:

dafdave:

bowser:

givover:

hello .

regards dave.

can you remember the reg numbers ?

The only thing i can remember is they ran consecetive began with AWH and wouldant pull you out of bed e.g.me and ron maiden voyage 2 loads rsjs out of watsons sunday morn 5.00am to cadburys b/ham 3hrs loaded non stop 2 and half back empty.
regards dave.

Can you remember Jack going off his head if you didn’t rope the side boards across to stop them rattling !

Yes and can you remember if you had a bump how he used
to bollock you and throw his glasses against the wall.Happy days.
regards dave.

dafdave:
Yes and can you remember if you had a bump how he used
to bollock you and throw his glasses against the wall.Happy days.
regards dave.

he sounds like a lovely man … :smiley: