Photobucket

I used to store pictures on Photobucket and link them to posts on here but now Photobucket are demanding money for this service and have broken all the links to my posts. I mainly posted on the Scammell Crusaders thread but have posted on lots of other threads too. If anyone wants to see one of my removed posts please reply on here and I will try to find and repost directly on to Trucknet. I will repost Crusader pics every so often as I can fish them out.

I accept that I am a “Neanderthal Knuckle Dragger” where computers and the www is concerned but what I don’t understand is that once photos have been put onto the TN site from Photobucket how can they, Photobucket, access the site and remove them ? Cheers Bewick.

The photos were stored on Photobucket and when posting on TN I just posted a link to the photo where it was on the Photobucket site, Photobucket say we have to pay for this service now and have blocked access to the pictures by breaking the links at their end. I have noticed some photos from other people have also had their links broken in the same way so quite a lot of photos will become inaccessible as a result.

Pictures are only visible while Photobucket etc host them, if YOU delete them from Photobucket they also vanish from forums etc. I was with Imageshack, they closed my account down as I wouldn’t pay and all my pics went from Imageshack (and the forums of course so they are gone forever. At least with Photobucket they are still accessible.

Pete.

Well all I can say is that I have got Casey aka " The ROF from the Forrest" to thank for putting me straight on how to post photos direct from my files onto TN ! and if I ever come across him I suppose I will be shamed into buying him a very rough pint of “Zider” Oo! Ah! Get it down you Boy! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Well all I can say is that I have got Casey aka " The ROF from the Forrest" to thank for putting me straight on how to post photos direct from my files onto TN ! and if I ever come across him I suppose I will be shamed into buying him a very rough pint of “Zider” Oo! Ah! Get it down you Boy! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Well Dennis I hope Im present when this happens, Because In my book he deserves a very very large single malt from me which of course I will put on his Tab, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Only joking,He is good crack in my book, And perhaps I will meet up with again him and buy him whatever hes drinking, Regards Larry.PS Im on the Old Pultneys thi neet.No hic hics yet ,But ive just opened a new bottle, So it might end up hickedy bloody hickedy all ■■■■■■■ night Eh, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Larry.

The official explanation from Photobucket:

PHOTOBUCKET LAUNCHES UNLIMITED 3RD PARTY HOSTING PLAN

Posted by Photobucket Press+ on Jul 6, 2017 in Press Releases | No Comments
Denver, Colorado (July 6, 2017) One of the world’s leading photo storage and hosting sites has begun notifying its largest commercial scale users that it will now offer an unlimited third party hosting subscription plan.

John Corpus, CEO of Photobucket, said that historically the company “relied heavily on advertising revenue but that major industry-wide changes in the advertising space have greatly impacted Photobucket, including the rise of ad blockers and the Company’s explosion of 3rd party hosting that generates zero revenue.”

“This model is no longer sustainable,” Corpus added.

Corpus noted that seventy-five percent of Photobucket’s costs originate from non-paying users leveraging 3rd party hosting. The majority of the industry has either eliminated 3rd party hosting or imposed variable pricing based on consumption. To address the market, Photobucket has added unlimited hosting to its Plus 500 Subscription plan at a competitive fixed price.

Photobucket modified its Terms of Use in the second quarter of 2017. The Company began notifying non-paying users through email and on-site messaging that the Plus 500 plan offers 3rd Party Hosting for both commercial and personal use requiring no development or technical experience. Photobucket users who elect not to subscribe to the Plus 500 plan are always able to access all of their photos and migrate to alternative solutions if they so desire.

In Photobucket’s 14-year history, the Company has amassed over 100 million registered users, over 15 billion images stored, with 2 million daily uploads and 60 billion photos accessed monthly.

“With all the photos stored and shared, nearly everyone interacts with a Photobucket hosted image on at least one page across the web over a sixty-day period, putting the photo hosting service as a significant part of the internet,” Corpus said.

Corpus said that “initial results for the Company are positive. This path to a more sustainable business model allows us to develop an even more robust product to meet our customers’ needs.”

“We are grateful for our customers’ continued support,” he added.

About Photobucket.

With over 100 million registered users, Photobucket Corporation is the world’s leading dedicated photo sharing service. The Photobucket user community uploads millions of images per day from the web and connected digital devices. Photobucket hosts, preserves and protects photos while bringing members advanced browsing, sharing and editing experiences. Each month Photobucket serves over 60 billion photos to over 3 million websites. Photobucket is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.

For more information about Photobucket, please contact www.photobucket.com/faq.

END

I just removed all my photos and deleted my account. :unamused: :unamused:

Could someone urgently explain please how to upload photos from my computer without using Photobucket??

Jazzandy:
Could someone urgently explain please how to upload photos from my computer without using Photobucket??

J A I have a Mac computer and if you have the same all I have to do is left click on the photo chosen and hold the button on the mouse down then slide the mouse and the photo will travel with it until you are off the page and then release the button then change to the page you want to put the photo and do it again click and hold on the photo slide to the attachment panel and release.Hope this makes sense I understand some other computers will do the same.
Make sure you preview before submitting.

Cheers Dig

Jazzandy:

Try this Andy! Robert

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=62414&hilit=an+easy+way+to+upload+pictures

AS043 141 and camel_zpszskcl7hz.jpg

Simples…Thanks for that Gents.

I have pulled all my pics off Photobucket and deleted my account in protest at all the work done posting pics here there and everywhere being undone by Photobucket without warning.

finger.jpg

Many of the photo hosts have the same disconnected and uninterested attitude to users. I have been through Photobucket, Ipernity, Imageshack, Photobox and others. I am currently with Shutterfly but, they ignore suggestions for improvements, as did all the others except Ipernity, who had a 200 limit for free photos, so they were out as well.

Picasa scoop up everything on your computer and won’t allow sharing away from them. Not sure what Flickr are like though.
Best way is to upload to your computer and send from there really.

GS OVERLAND:
I just removed all my photos and deleted my account. :unamused: :unamused:

• 1 They have removed loads of excellent photos from most of the threads ( Bar s–wards)

ERF-NGC-European:

Jazzandy:

Try this Andy! Robert

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=62414&hilit=an+easy+way+to+upload+pictures

This is not the fault of ERF-NGC-European,but it is the fault of the stupid TruckNetUK computers! :exclamation: :imp: :unamused:

I was already signed in to TruckNetUK and I pressed on to the above link,but was immediately directed to sign on again,which is what I did.

I then pressed on the link again and was invited to sign on to TrucknNetUK again! :question: :imp: :unamused: So I did.

I then pressed on the link again and,yes,you’ve guessed it,I was asked to sign on again :exclamation: :imp: :unamused:

What the hell is going on :question: :exclamation:

TruckNetUK please get this stupid fault fixed.Thanks :slight_smile:

Meanwhile,will somebody please give me instructions on how to post photographs directly on to TruckNetUK. I use a Windows 7 operating system.

Pete.

PETE ALLARD-MORGAN:
Meanwhile,will somebody please give me instructions on how to post photographs directly on to TruckNetUK.

You can upload pictures with the extension of JPEG, GIF or PNG.

To upload pictures:

1. Press the “Upload attachment” tab

2. Press the “Browse” button and browse to and select the picture on your computer.

1. Press “Add the file”

2. Press “Place inline”

3. Preview the post and if it’s right submit the post

A tad long winded, Tacho, but it’s correct!

Thankyou very much Tachograph :slight_smile:

Retired Old ■■■■:
A tad long winded, Tacho, but it’s correct!

I’m sure it is :slight_smile:

Fortunately I had only a handful of photographs on Photobucket,and I’ve kept copies on my computer,thank goodness :slight_smile: I always keep copies of
photographs on my computer as a backup.I’ve also bought a separate hardrive as a backup…when I can get around to connecting it all up and download my computer files :slight_smile:

Uploading directly will save being held to ransom anymore by the abominable Photobucket and any other photograph hosting website who wants to try it on and do a Photobucket-style ransom! :exclamation: :smiley:

Thanks once again :slight_smile:

Pete

I have ROF aka as Casey to thank for putting me right on how to post shots after Photobucket “jacked in” :wink: :smiley: Cheers Bewick. PS so he isn’t really the Bell End he try’s to give everybody the impression he is. ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: