Photo tips

Hey all. Can anyone give me some tips on taking good photos of vehicles travelling along the roads.

Tips on:

• type of locations to choose
  • what time of day is best
  • what type of road to use.

Hope that makes sense. It would he good to be able to get some use out of my dslr camera.

Thanks in advanced

Depending on where the area is that you live some of the best photos can be of trucks coming onto a roundabout or pulling up a steep hill you can get them at a decent speed which wont give your photo a blurred effect.This one I took just after the truck had come off the roundabout and was just gathering speed.Hope this helps.

Or this one on a country lane at a rally in Kirby Stephen.

ajames10:
Hey all. Can anyone give me some tips on taking good photos of vehicles travelling along the roads.

Tips on:

• type of locations to choose
  • what time of day is best
  • what type of road to use.

Hope that makes sense. It would he good to be able to get some use out of my dslr camera.

Thanks in advanced

Stanfield is right in saying it depends on where you live,and,to also try and find somewhere where they are moving slower I am lucky to live and work in an area where trucks are lying about all over the place so I tend to shoot them when they are sitting still :smiley:

Thanks you both of you above :slight_smile:

I live in Newmarket, Suffolk. I was thinking of a lay by or something off the a14-a11 unless anyone could suggest a better type road. Thanks for the advice so far :slight_smile:

One other question is. What kind of lens do you use?

I usually set mine at 4000x3000 but if you want to add them to a forum like this I set it at 1600x1200 which makes it quicker and easier to download and add.Apart from that I just press the button and hope for the best :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ajames10:
One other question is. What kind of lens do you use?

An 18-55mm EF-S with a circular polariser on the front.

Service station is a ideal place truck not often going to fasts plus there parked up

Been parked up in a lay by for 2 hours today trying to get some decent photos of the lorries going past. Wasn’t to bad but missed some really nice wagons when I answered my phone. Wasn’t impressed lol. I will upload them to photo bucket and then post a link on here to them.

Finally got the pics uploaded :slight_smile:

Let me know what you think

s1285.photobucket.com/user/Ajs_t … t=3&page=1

And please let me know if it doesn’t work.

Thanks

Not bad photos lad

Cheers :slight_smile:

I actually found it addictive just sitting waiting for the next one to come along.