Phones

My phone has broke so have been offered a replacement, the choice is…
A samsung galaxy S3

or

A Nokia lumia 820

Any recommendations which to go for? never had a windows phone before so not sure which to go for.

Cheers

i have a lumia and i have to say its the best phone i have ever had , the apps available are limited but as a stand alone phone there great easy to use and the windows operating system works very well

which.co.uk/technology/phone … le-phones/

Nokia Lumia 820 vs Samsung Galaxy S3

Galaxy without a doubt you will not regret it.

I’ve got both, the nokia is what I was given for work phone and the s3 is mine. If your a basic phone user that ain’t very savvy with them I’d go for the lumia as it is very easy to use and navigate around, minus’s are the camera is awful and the back comes off far far too easily and the apps are non existent.
The s3 has loads of apps, a amazing (for a phone) camera and just does everything a bit better, the only thing I don’t like about it is the home button feels horrible!

tachograph:
Nokia Lumia 820 vs Samsung Galaxy S3

been through the reviews before I posted on here, depending on where you read some go for the S3 some go for the Nokia, I was just after some personal recomendations from users on here, only ever used a phone for calls/ texts so have ne experience of “smart” phones.

If you have limited experience with smart phones, the Nokia would probably be better. I have a Galaxy S4 which is fantastic for everything except making calls but maybe that’s just Vodafone who are crap IMO :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Go for the Samsung may take a day or so to get used to it but then you won’t regret it watch some clips on you tube for tips and tricks

Had a Lumia 800 ( first model out ) and must admit I liked it , not sure how far they have come but as people say the apps are way behind what you’ll get on a Android based phone.
Now I have a Galaxy S4 and love it to bits , the Samsung link is way worth owning the phone just for that one app (there may be similar apps for other phones ?) , it works by joining your home network and allowing you to down/upload from your PC movies,pictures,music and files anywhere from around the world ,over WiFi or 3/4G

Great phone and I would suspect the S3 is only slightly different ,so my vote is always Samsung…

Cheers
have ordered the samsung.
Hopefully this one will last longer than the others (4th replacement). Never ever again will I buy a phone from the carphone warehouse

I’m an i-phone aficionado & wouldn’t use anything else so can’t help i’m afraid.

My mrs had a samsung (android) for 2 years and hated every day of it during her 2 year contract, I have a Lumia and I suggested she got one, she now has a Nokia Lumia and absolutely loves it.
Very easy to use and they have some very useful features like being able to have text messages read out loudly and being able to send a reply by voice, very useful while driving.

vwgpmk2:
Cheers
Hopefully this one will last longer than the others (4th replacement). Never ever again will I buy a phone from the carphone warehouse

Good choice in my opinion :smiley:

tachograph:

vwgpmk2:
Cheers

Which one?

The Samsung
or
Not buying from carphone warehouse (cowboys) :laughing:

vwgpmk2:

tachograph:

vwgpmk2:
Cheers

Which one?

The Samsung
or

Lol, I meant the Samsung/Android, I’ve never dealt with Carphone Warehouse :wink:

tachograph:

vwgpmk2:

tachograph:

vwgpmk2:
Cheers

Which one?

The Samsung
or

Lol, I meant the Samsung/Android, I’ve never dealt with Carphone Warehouse :wink:

And neither will I ever deal with them again, as soon as this contract is up. Even if they offered me an I phone with hours of free calls etc for £1 a week, I would rather stick pins in my eyes :laughing:

terratology:
I’ve got both, the nokia is what I was given for work phone and the s3 is mine. If your a basic phone user that ain’t very savvy with them I’d go for the lumia as it is very easy to use and navigate around, minus’s are the camera is awful and the back comes off far far too easily and the apps are non existent.
The s3 has loads of apps, a amazing (for a phone) camera and just does everything a bit better, the only thing I don’t like about it is the home button feels horrible!

Don’t know what camera you are used to but the Lumia camera is fantastic! Makes my other halfs iphone 5 camera look like crap! App availability is getting better and now Microsoft have bought Nokia things should get better. Have used the iphone and don’t think it’s a patch on the Nokia! As for the Samsung , I thought it was just too big! Not heavy but size wise nearly as big as a tablet!!