Phew wot a scorcha

Lovely weather but I am getting anxious about warnings in the media that we should all be building up a stockpile of food, drink, medicine and currency due to wagons being held up at ports as a result of brexit. I am retired but should I hold myself in reserve to offer my C+E ability for a Dad’s Army situation.

Should probably stop reading the Daily Mail.

:stuck_out_tongue:
Life will find a way.
youtube.com/watch?v=kiVVzxoPTtg

Optimum:
Lovely weather but I am getting anxious about warnings in the media that we should all be building up a stockpile of food, drink, medicine and currency due to wagons being held up at ports as a result of brexit. I am retired but should I hold myself in reserve to offer my C+E ability for a Dad’s Army situation.

Trump will come through.

Don’t worry - if some of them are to be believed, it’ll get so bad that everyone will be able to drive an HGV to keep the country moving with only a few days training. God forbid Sainsburys run out of strawberries, even if they could buy them from UK farmers, but keep the licence handy Optimum as we might need to dig…sorry drive for victory! :slight_smile:

As long as Waitrose still have avocados :imp:

Just Buy some powdered water. Dilute and drink :smiley:

Trucky Mc truckface:
Just Buy some powdered water. Dilute and drink :smiley:

Yeah, and you can just freeze it for later :slight_smile:

Amen to that!

adam277:

Life will find a way.

:

Optimum:
Amen to that!

adam277:

Life will find a way.

:smiley: :smiley:

Just like Darwin said…
“Life will find a way”…OR…the species dies out. History is written by the victors. The world is populated by survivors, obviously.

And I do agree with Adam, and would go even further, Everyone should stop reading the Daily Mail.

EDIT 99% of all species are already extinct !

Optimum:

It’s ALL lies, PROJECT FEAR MK2 just like ALL the lies from the remain campaign before the referendum, engineered to scare our woeful politicians into not leaving the EU , as for insulin WE manufacture the stuff, and there is no reason why imported supplies would suddenly cease, just like trade which will continue as it is now more or less

tommy t:

Optimum:

It’s ALL lies, PROJECT FEAR MK2 just like ALL the lies from the remain campaign before the referendum, engineered to scare our woeful politicians into not leaving the EU , as for insulin WE manufacture the stuff, and there is no reason why imported supplies would suddenly cease, just like trade which will continue as it is now more or less

Can`t disagree there mate, trade will be:
the Same
or More
or Less

Re Insulin:
we manufacture insulin in the UK, but only enough for about half a per-cent of the UK`s users.
However, there seems no likelihood of a shortage.
channel4.com/news/factcheck … eal-brexit

Got 44.5 on dash yesterday in France with no air con :cry: