Phased return to work after sickness absence

I’ve no experience of this , I just went back to normal hours / days when better
So can someone who’s experienced a phased return to work after illness run through , how long was it for , did you work reduced hours / days , we’re you paid your full wage even though you likely were working reduced hours / days etc etc , ta

Guy that worked with us who was off long term did it.
First two weeks did 3 days a week 2nd two weeks did 4 days and then back to normal.
He’d been off sick for six months, pretty certain during the phased return he was on full wages going by what he said.
Had a meeting with the branch manager and transport supervisor every Friday for the first 6 weeks back.

I’ve done it a couple of times with my agency and it’s similar to above, although only getting paid for what I worked. Also on light work as well to start off with. Just doing it again now, couple of days this week, Mon, Wed, Fri next week and run that for a bit then Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri and go from there. Really I should go do something else for a living before the job puts me in a wheelchair.

There’s many ways to do it from reduced amount of days to reduced amount of hours per day to light duties. Depends on the circumstances.

You should have a return to work interview each time you record an absence, the idea is that if someone comes back to work on medication and has an accident the company can stop this by finding out how they feel and what meds etc.
some companies do this but not all my wife had a mild heart attack and her boss wanted her to come back full time, no chance she is doing a few hours per day until she feels well enough.
Stand your ground and speak to your doctor, it may be difficult with driving but not impossible