Petrol Tanker Drivers in West London Wanted

The agency i work for are looking for 10 tanker drivers to work on a Hoyer contract out of West London if anybody is interested?
£18.00 P/H…!

Christ, I might knock this OD lark on the head & have a punt, I got my tanks & packages.

Tramping or days/nights is it?

A Nobody:
The agency i work for are looking for 10 tanker drivers to work on a Hoyer contract out of West London if anybody is interested?
£18.00 P/H…!

Pah!!!,wouldn’t get out of bed for that blah blah blah :laughing: :laughing:

This one?

totaljobs.com/JobSearch/JobD … d=59721640

I have no experience :frowning:
I really want to do fuel tankers though, anyone got any advice how to get in?

Yep that’s the one! They’re desperate although you must have fuel experience! I’ve been on ot out of Purfleet for 6 months, you can take a grand home some weeks!

Silver_Surfer:
Tramping or days/nights is it?

On petrol tankers? PMSL :laughing:

Mind you, i shouldn’t laugh. It could be tramping eh ? :laughing:

My ADR trainer was an ex-Shell bloke from Stanlow.

Back in the day, anything North of Carlisle was classed as a 3 day run.

NOVE:

Thats an actual FACT. Its easily explainable too. The further North you go and the higher altitude you get to, then the engine performs less. Due to the thinner air. So they get slower the further North they get. The same oxygen depletion makes people a bit whacky. Was he grinning when he told you this?

I’ll do it, provided they put the ■■■ lighter and ashtray back in the tractor unit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Turners do some tramping on BP work! The lads come down on Monday then park at Purfleet, stay there all week then return home at the weekend! There’s a few firms that tramp fuel around! This west London contract will be a mixture of days and nights!

A Nobody:
Turners do some tramping on BP work! The lads come down on Monday then park at Purfleet, stay there all week then return home at the weekend! There’s a few firms that tramp fuel around! This west London contract will be a mixture of days and nights!

Now to me, thats working out of Purfleet and sleeping in your lorry there. Its not tramping fuel around. Where does one stop overnight with a full tank of fuel ?

I tramp with fuel. Normally you have like a pre-paid parking. I stay at a DAF place or snap services. As long is there are cameras. I have stayed in laybys empty though.

There’s lots of fuel tramped about mate! Greenergy/Flexigrid tramp fuel all over the place!

A Nobody:
There’s lots of fuel tramped about mate! Greenergy/Flexigrid tramp fuel all over the place!

I don’t doubt you. I’m interested to know where they park. As a lot of fuel tanker delivery drivers can be quite ■■■■ if their delivery point is blocked off, even temporarily, they pull off citing saftey as a reason for not stopping. Thats why i’m curious as to where they park?

Bonded yards mate! Like Purfleet, 24 hour security guard with secure entry!

Mike-C:

NOVE:

Thats an actual FACT. Its easily explainable too. The further North you go and the higher altitude you get to, then the engine performs less. Due to the thinner air. So they get slower the further North they get. The same oxygen depletion makes people a bit whacky. Was he grinning when he told you this?

This was very back in the day, union days.

They’d do the run in the day, park the motor up somewhere secure, and get the missus to come get them. Possibly have one night out if it was a drop well over the border

Jamiemufu:
I tramp with fuel. Normally you have like a pre-paid parking. I stay at a DAF place or snap services. As long is there are cameras. I have stayed in laybys empty though.

Surely you are still under the supervision rule as your tank is empty uncleaned ?

I know a firm local to me that tramp fuel out of Avonmouth. Away all week and go all over south and Midlands. They simply park in service stations. I see my mate at Cherwell valley regularly.

We have paperwork that declare us unclean and where we are going, providing this is all filled out and correct AND you stop somewhere OFF the road. i.e something between you and the road. I only have twice. Due to running out of hours and being the arse end of nowhere delivering to farms.

Chapter 8.4 ADR - Vehicles carrying dangerous goods in the quantities listed in ADR Chapter 8.5 for a given substance shall be supervised or alternatively may be parked, unsupervised, in a secure depot or secure factory premises.

If such facilities are not available, the vehicle, after having been properly secured, may be parked in an isolated position in :-

a vehicle park supervised by an attendant who has been notified of the nature of the load and the whereabouts of the driver, or, if not available,
a public or private vehicle park where the vehicle is not likely to suffer damage from other vehicles, or, if not available
a suitable open space separated from the public highway and from dwellings, where the public does not normally pass or assemble